Championship Exploder Build

Participant count
  • Participant list

T.I.K.
10+ year member

F*ck it, we'll do it live
Michigan
Hey guys, I haven't had a decent build in my car for quite some time, and I think it's high time to have one. I currently have one HPO10" on an RF P300-1. This little system has done me well for the past month or so, but I want to step it up slightly. In total, I will be spending less than $250 on the build.

My two limiting factors for this build is A) Money and B) Space. Even though this is an SUV, I am constantly moving due going to school and working in two states 900 miles apart. So I have to be able to pack up all of my belongings and I can’t have a huge subwoofer box getting in my way (if I had the space this build would have considerably more cone area).

At this point in the build I can only afford to build up my sub stage, if more money becomes available to me, I will be adding a nice set of comps on a 2ch. The previous owner put an entry level set of Infinity Kappas or something in the door, I haven’t taken my panels off to look though. They get loud enough, but are severly lacking in mid-bass. As it stands I am poor, if that changes, I will most likely be installing a PHD FB6.1 Kit on an RF P400-2.

The build will consist of:

HU: n/a

Front Stage: n/a

Speaker Amp: n/a

Sub Stage: x2 Memphis HPO 10D4

Sub Amp: SoundStream RUB2500.1D @ 4ohms

Box is a t-line.

GeordanEichhorn2memphisHPO10st-lineinternals.png

GeordanEichhorn2memphisHPO10st-linexray.png

I am hoping to have everything necessary to complete the build within the next two weeks. I will post pictures of current installation when convenient. I’ll post pictures of equipment as it comes in, and in absence of audio gear pics, I will post tits for your enjoyment.

I understand if some of you can’t contain your excitement to see this build unfold.

Update: Current set-up, very skimpy. Box is made out of recycled wood from my old box for my HDC3 18.

NKlac.jpg

gwYpe.jpg

oOngb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i love those hpo's!

here was my first system:

ACFB1B.jpg
Yeah, I love them too, they're a fairly sensitive woofer (I think the t/s measurement for them is something like 94.1db or something) and they get down, not to mention it's incredibly accurate of how strong the motor is and how compliant the suspension is. Definitely going to hang on to them, even after I take them out, you never know when you're going to find a few more to add to your collection. Plus they're cheap af, around 80-100 bucks.

your pics are blocked at work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Sooo which "championship"lol. Nah sick build I'm a Memphis fan if ya wanna call it that.. definitely an exploder fan.. love mine they get loud.
db drag >130 class, haha

Yeah, not many people run memphis, but this HPO is a quality sub!

I am also in love with my explorer, I think it's an awesome car, 170xxx on the engine, and it still does work. I'm gonna need a new tranny before 200k, but I'm not complaining.

I am also in love with my explorer, I think it's an awesome car, 170xxx on the engine, and it still does work. I'm gonna need a new tranny before 200k, but I'm not complaining.
I used to drive my buddies exploder all the time when we would get drunk. Its a super fun drunk driving car. None of the door handles worked, so we'd all have to hop in n out of the windows.

Pretty legit.

Yeah I figured once I was done with my build and interior I'd just start saving for.a new motor and tranny.. to drop in when this on goes. already exploded a pumpkin doing 2low burnouts with low pros.. not cheap.. wantin to turbo this v6 after its all said and done. That'll probably be the 2014 build project

I used to drive my buddies exploder all the time when we would get drunk. Its a super fun drunk driving car. None of the door handles worked, so we'd all have to hop in n out of the windows.
Pretty legit.
My driver side door handle is broken, and i cant be fucked to fix it.

I've driven drunk more time than I'd like to admit, really.

Yeah I figured once I was done with my build and interior I'd just start saving for.a new motor and tranny.. to drop in when this on goes. already exploded a pumpkin doing 2low burnouts with low pros.. not cheap.. wantin to turbo this v6 after its all said and done. That'll probably be the 2014 build project
I've got the 5.0 V8, 302 horse power feels gooooooood.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.