~~~~ cdt audio vs. Focal audio vs. Image dynamics audio ~~~~

Dlh_tank
10+ year member

I have been looking for 6.5 component sets for the last week, these conclude my search*i hope) I will be powering them with a jl 450/4, mmats mp5 pre amp. Anyhow heres the good,would appreciate advice on the ones you have heard. Thanks. Image dynamics- ctx 65c xs-65 Focal - 165 vr 165 vrs 165vb

A CdT dealer sent these packages to chose from. HD- 26AS aniversary special, COM 626 719.99 HD-62 CF, com 626 899.99 PSS-0626i gold components, com 626 920.00 I listed different models being i will changing my setup to 2 comp. sets instead of 3.

Heard all of those sets before except one of them. They are all great speakers and couldnt go wrong with any of them, However if I had to choose one set, I would choose the CDT PSS-0626i gold components(these things are just phenomal, love the way they sounded, wish I could have kept them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif). And I take it the Com-626 would be for rear fill?

Yes, please tell me which sets you have heard...in what kinda install...
I do not know model numbers and I cant speak about the install.

Both sets I listened to were in the factory locations. They were loud as hell, but I did not care for the tweeter. It was ear piercing and not enjoyable.

CDT makes like 100 different sets of comps so maybe some are better than others, but I did not care for those 2 personally.

I run the Focal 165 KF. Great sound very detaied. I have them off axis in my convertible and love them.

I've heard the ID CXS64 (in car). Very nice sound (great midbass) but the Focal tweeter seems a little more "refined". I also think the Focal mid is "tighter" sounding than the ID. The Id seems a bit too "punchy" for my taste.

Can't comment on the CDT.

well i recently bought some dls r6a and i am really happy with them. powered them with a cerwin vega amp but just bought Focal Solid 2 amp on friday. and sounds better
Hmmm. You bought, installed, evaluated and replaced that CV amp in like 2 days, huh?

I currently own the Focal 165VB's. They are accurate and get loud off not too much power. Though rated for 75w rms, i give them 150 from my JL 300/2 and they are taking it well. The tweets are bright. But not the harshest out there. Overall enjoyable. Though, once again, quite bright.

I do not know model numbers and I cant speak about the install.
Both sets I listened to were in the factory locations. They were loud as hell, but I did not care for the tweeter. It was ear piercing and not enjoyable.

CDT makes like 100 different sets of comps so maybe some are better than others, but I did not care for those 2 personally.
You must be mistaken. CDT Tweeters are FAR from harsh. He must have something set up wrong, or wasnt using a CDT Tweeter. I HATE bright tweeters with a passion, so I would know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.