~~~~ cdt audio vs. Focal audio vs. Image dynamics audio ~~~~

You must be mistaken. CDT Tweeters are FAR from harsh. He must have something set up wrong, or wasnt using a CDT Tweeter. I HATE bright tweeters with a passion, so I would know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
You also sell CDT so wouldnt that make you bias ?

there all pretty different sets.. the CDT is transparent, the drt 26s and the es6 are a great set.. the focal is a great set as well, but the tweeters are just to brite to be considered musical(the new t52 and t53 are nice thought) the midbass is very nice thought.. the IDs are a great set the tweeter isn't quite as nice as the drt26 but its great and the midbass is very nice as well its better than the cdt off axis.... if you do stock locations Id say ID, if your going to do on axis CDT..

there all pretty different sets.. the CDT is transparent, the drt 26s and the es6 are a great set.. the focal is a great set as well, but the tweeters are just to brite to be considered musical(the new t52 and t53 are nice thought) the midbass is very nice thought.. the IDs are a great set the tweeter isn't quite as nice as the drt26 but its great and the midbass is very nice as well its better than the cdt off axis.... if you do stock locations Id say ID, if your going to do on axis CDT..
That is very true, I didnt ask if he was doing stock locations.

Do you see me trying to sell him anything? No...He asked for opinons. I have heard all of those except for 1 set so I am giving my opinon...
I highly doubt you would go against what you sell, whether your trying to sell him them or not, thats like me telling him to buy a Warden instead of a 95z because its what i run. Im not saying you are wrong cuz i dont care about CDT or ID, im not a SQ guy, im just playing devils advocate here.

sq is amazing at 140+ db //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
SQ is the least of my concern. My Earthquakes sound great to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I highly doubt you would go against what you sell, whether your trying to sell him them or not, thats like me telling him to buy a Warden instead of a 95z because its what i run. Im not saying you are wrong cuz i dont care about CDT or ID, im not a SQ guy, im just playing devils advocate here.
Stop playing devils advocate. You are wrong. I dont only sell/recommend CDT. For his price range I can think of another set that would be in the ranks with these sets also. But the OP asked for a comparison between these 3. Luckily for him I have heard most of them. Please read post number 5 thorougly "Heard all of those sets before except one of them. They are all great speakers and couldnt go wrong with any of them, However if I had to choose one set...."

As you can see I said they are all great sets.

Stop playing devils advocate. You are wrong. I dont only sell/recommend CDT. For his price range I can think of another set that would be in the ranks with these sets also. But the OP asked for a comparison between these 3. Luckily for him I have heard most of them. Please read post number 5 thorougly "Heard all of those sets before except one of them. They are all great speakers and couldnt go wrong with any of them, However if I had to choose one set...."
As you can see I said they are all great sets.
Im not wrong. I havnt said anything wrong in this thread //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

That is very true, I didnt ask if he was doing stock locations.
the CDTs are excellent on axis.. ESP for the price big problem with CDT are there xovers.. active on axis there top 5 of the best sets.other than that off axis down low they lack output and sound pretty dull honestly... where as the ID and focal do much better off axis...

I would like to know what the OP's goals are for his components, hell i could toss my Earthquakes in this conversation because he hasnt posted goals. Is he looking for uber SQ, SPL type comps to keep up with a sub stage. What are we doing here.

the CDTs are excellent on axis.. ESP for the price big problem with CDT are there xovers.. active on axis there top 5 of the best sets.other than that off axis down low they lack output and sound pretty dull honestly... where as the ID and focal do much better off axis...
Yes, the cross-overs to lack. However changes has been made //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. When was the last time you got a set with cross-overs? curious if you have used the new ones yet. ALOT better IMO

I would like to know what the OP's goals are for his components, hell i could toss my Earthquakes in this conversation because he hasnt posted goals. Is he looking for uber SQ, SPL type comps to keep up with a sub stage. What are we doing here.
He is looking for a componenet set with SQ...look at the sets he is asking about. something with clarity, good response, accurate mid-bass, and still get decently loud.

Fair enough or maybe they were hard dome. Like I said not my install and I do not know model numbers.

CDT has more sets on the market than I could ever listen to. lol

edit to add this in reply to baseballz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.