Cdrs do make a difference...

When I mentioned color I am refering to the hue of the film not the color of the plastic. A CD is basically a sandwich of two plastic pieces of bread and the film media meat section. That film is usually silver with a tint of color from the dye that is used. I can't remember which dyes/colors are better and buying popular brand or rebranded stuff puts you at the mercy of the company and the stock holders whims which may be buy the cheapest crap possible and slap our name on it because this has been a crappy quarter.

So the bottom line is get better media. Stop being cheap ass bastards and maybe burn a little slower, like say 32x but don't bother going lower than that as it is just a waste of time and I don't know about you but from a time media cost stand point it makes much more sense for me to spend the extra on the taiyo yuden than waste 2 hours to burn one lousey CD.

I have a sony DVD RW+ that burns at 40x max and i burn at full speed and haven't had a CD skip on me yet. If you have an 8x max burner maybe you should invest in new burners.

I use memorex cdr's - 100/$30 walmart.

it makes much more sense for me to spend the extra on the taiyo yuden than waste 2 hours to burn one lousey CD.
even if you burned at 1X then an 80min cd would never take 2 hours to burn...only

1hour & 20 min;)

i'm just messin w/ you:laugh:

but really sometimes when i burn @ 40x it will introduce a little bit of white noise, usually toward the end of the cd (last 3-4 songs) maybe its just the burner.

(D@MN my luck i got a junk brand new camcorder & dvd burner)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

$13 for 100 pack cdr's, my liteon 52x eats those bitcz up like nothn. only time i have errors is when the program itself flakes out. and i always burn at full speed. i didnt buy a 52x burner to burn at 8 16 32 or 48x //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.