cd player not playing music

Participant count
  • Participant list

cvjp417
10+ year member

li
i have a 1999 altima. the stereo was working fine until i took it out. now i bin working with car audio for years and this finally had me wondering. so i took out the old one, just two plugs and the antenna wire. and i wired up the new wiring harness for the new cd player i have. wired came out perfect and checked over it numerous times to double check. so i plug in the new cd player and it turns on and everything works but the audio. there was no sound going to the speakers what so ever.i played around with the wires and everything but nothing worked. so then i tryed using the old cd player again and plugged it in and it turns on but no sound. so now i know its not my wiring. i checked the fuse and it was fine. anybody know what could be causing the cd player not to play any sound?

Usually no sound means that a speaker output is grounded out somewhere OR the internal amp just isn't working.

Does your vehicle possibly have a factory amp somewhere? Maybe it is messed up....Maybe it has a separate fuse somewhere that popped.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.