CD Changer issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

fuster
10+ year member

Hello, all:

First, I want to thank all who have helped me in the past on this site. This web forum has been extremely helpful to me in purchasing some used equipment and in answering other questions. Thank you all for your help. (I bought several Orion old school HCCA amplifiers with the help of folks in the know on this site)

Issue: Friend of mine sold a @2001 Ford Explorer or Expedition. It had a Sony CD changer added (it appeared to him) to the stereo. He says the stereo appears to be the factory unit.

He has removed the CD changer to use it. It has the cable going from changer to deck. I am familiar with Sony changers and the cable. He says there is a box in the front under the dash that the cable from the CD changer plugs into. It has a bunch of wires coming out going toward the deck. (he has not looked any further). He asked me if the box needs to be removed to use this changer to use the changer with a Sony head unit. I said I did not think so, because mine all plug directly into the head unit.

Is anyone familiar with what this box might be? Do they make an adapter to interface the changer with non Sony head units (assuming the factory unit is not Sony)? Just want to know so he takes everything out before he turns over the SUV to the buyer.

Thanks,

Mike //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.