Carputer 101

with the mounts do they still give it that custom look or would it be better to find someone who coul fiberglass it in?? what would i need to use one of those internet cards from like sprint and that??

If anyone is interested, I have an Opus 120.3 120w powersupply for sale. Retail is like around 100 or so I think. I'm asking 75 shipped with the harness.

hey guys i been doing some reading on mp3car.com and dang is there alot of info there but im having a hard time searching threw it and still have some questions...im wanting to build a carpc that has a fm tuner,tv tuner,bluetooth,maybe even OBDII now i see some of those features available by usb dongles but are any if possibly all of those able to be built-in without doing alot of custom work??? ive seen a a take-apart hack for a bluetooth dongle to put it in the case and ive looked at the fm tuner on mp3carstore but they require a bit more work than i might be capable anyhelp or hints?

ok so nothing to really build them into the computer just plugins pretty much eh..and with the bluetooth i would still need to hook up a microphone too right??

yeah, you still need a microphone for the computer.

just plug it into the microphone input on your soundcard. you will need two inputs, line in and microphone, for radio and mic.

if you guys want to see amazing SQ from your carputer, put one o thems Creative X-Fi sound cards in. Depending on the model you get, you can put the input box somewhere in your dash and have the ability to plug almost anything in and rock it. Also, the X-Fi upstages sound, so MP3's sound better. Bass is very punchy, and musical, an overall great upgrade.

it depends on which X-Fi you're talkin about, Yes I know about teh Auzentech, and Blu-gears, but the X-Fi is also on par or better than those. Also, E-MU would work exceptionally well.

Finally put my laptop in. I was running a mini itx system before.

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

P-m 1.3ghz laptop with carnetix p2140 regulator ;D. much faster than my old M10000

gotta clean up the wiring though

gotta clean up the wiring though
Ya think? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...