Carputer 101

Oh thats neat, so no one would detect your pc I guess?
Well I already know I'm going to need a hub, but I'm confused on how to exactly power it off the psu. Do I just hack the a/c wire up and run it to the 5v and the other to ground?

yeah, i wanted it to look stock as possible, so i didnt like ppl looking in my window to see the screen while no one was in vehicle

i dont remember what i did. i think i used the 12v rail off molex to the lcd. for usb yeah u would use 5v rail...iirc its red.

Yup, its red. So do most people chop off the hd connector and just run stuff to the wires? I've never had to do this before lol.
well i dont chop it off at psu i use a Y-adaptor and chop that end off so i dont ruin psu....if you get what i mean

Howdy, not to thread jack. Just a newbie to the forums here, into carputers.

Well, I actually sell them (can't say where) but I'm looking at carputer discussions, looking for ideas, suggestions, etc.

Please welcome me:)

EDIT/ADD: I use my cars' 12V for my monitor, straight from the batt. I prefer not to use anything off the PC PSU that I didn't have to.

Most monitors allow 12-18 Volts, but be careful, make sure that it does allow that.

I've got a Xenarc, it also has "auto on", the monitor won't come on unless the PC is on.

Howdy, not to thread jack. Just a newbie to the forums here, into carputers. Well, I actually sell them (can't say where) but I'm looking at carputer discussions, looking for ideas, suggestions, etc.

Please welcome me:)

EDIT/ADD: I use my cars' 12V for my monitor, straight from the batt. I prefer not to use anything off the PC PSU that I didn't have to.

Most monitors allow 12-18 Volts, but be careful, make sure that it does allow that.

I've got a Xenarc, it also has "auto on", the monitor won't come on unless the PC is on.
pics of your install //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Here's some of the front, don't have pics of the PC. It's in a stainless steel case, in the trunk.

I used the in-dash unit first, then decided to do a molded install.

MII12000 MB

Xenarc 700 TSV

LinkSys WiFi card

OBDII

iGuidance Nav w/ USG-BR355 Ant

using RR w DFX skin

Here's some of the front, don't have pics of the PC. It's in a stainless steel case, in the trunk.I used the in-dash unit first, then decided to do a molded install.

MII12000 MB

Xenarc 700 TSV

LinkSys WiFi card

OBDII

iGuidance Nav w/ USG-BR355 Ant

using RR w DFX skin
Do you have a hub powered off your psu? I'm thinking about using the 5v from the psu to power one.

Hey does anyone know how to get the harness unplugged from the back of a Xenarc MDT-X7000? I got it to plug in, but I can't get it to come out!
looks like there is just 2 screws you loose and then pull

mon0043kt8.jpg

im sure this has been answered already but, i dont know if i can search through 48 pages of posts, lol

im planning on installing that liliput in-dash carputer but im not sure how to install it and was just wondering what i would need to hook it up, and how i would get audio out of it. would i just use a regular rca output? or is it a little bit more difficult because its a computer?

im basically just using this so i can install i-tunes onto it and have my big database of songs on it.

thanks

-Jeff

hey guys might be considering a carpc and just curious whats the easyist way to get a monitor in my dash i have a 03 explorer so its a dd opening not really good with fiberglassing so is they other ways ?? also i see many put the case in thier trunks do you put the cd drive in ur dash somewhere or do u just goto the trunk when u change disks thanks guy!

hey guys might be considering a carpc and just curious whats the easyist way to get a monitor in my dash i have a 03 explorer so its a dd opening not really good with fiberglassing so is they other ways ?? also i see many put the case in thier trunks do you put the cd drive in ur dash somewhere or do u just goto the trunk when u change disks thanks guy!
what would you need the rom for? idea is to play everythign off the hard drive. if you still need a drive you can either have it in the trunk or mount an external somewhere

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...