Carputer 101

Why don't you just use the computer to do the processing?

Even really high end sound cards are cheaper than most external processors.

Programs already exist that have 31 band EQ, parametric EQ, full crossover functionality, and time delay, all done on your PC for FREE, provided you have the hardware to use it.

It works exactly the same way as a mouse does, except you press where you want the cursor to go. Unless you have to right click a lot, or select very very small tightly packed buttons, you should be just fine. That's why most programs expected to operate with a touchscreen interface have large buttons spaced apart and nothing too near the edge of the screen.

It works exactly the same way as a mouse does, except you press where you want the cursor to go. Unless you have to right click a lot, or select very very small tightly packed buttons, you should be just fine. That's why most programs expected to operate with a touchscreen interface have large buttons spaced apart and nothing too near the edge of the screen.
when my friend installed his Lilliput software and drivers he was able to get a right click function, there was an icon on the bottom right to do so. Mine never came with that function it was weird. wasnt a big deal but the it could have been handy at times. i was too lazy to borrow his disc lol

Yeah you can right click, it's not difficult and most touch-screen monitors support it, I was just saying it's not something that you're going to want to do a lot.

On my lilliput you just press down in one spot for two seconds (instead of just tapping) and the right click menu pops up

oh and mega the lilliput drivers are all available online

You can't install software in the car or take the PC inside? Mine takes about 5 seconds to unplug and bring in the house, then I just have to pull the top of the case off and plug in a spare AC power supply.

You can't install software in the car or take the PC inside? Mine takes about 5 seconds to unplug and bring in the house, then I just have to pull the top of the case off and plug in a spare AC power supply.
getting a Xenarc now remember //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

The powermate came in. Turns out you can use it for multiple things. if you turn left & right it does one thing. you hold down and turn it can do another.

i have mine set to

Left = scroll up

Right = scroll down

Hold Down & Left = Decrease volume

Hold Down & Right = Increase volume

Click Down Tap = Mute

I made a short clip using the powermate while showing the new Centrafuse XLE, i didnt go over navi.

I really like it, i plan to get another one. put this in my car and the other for my desktop //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

the reason I like the weight is, it doesnt feel cheap, it feels reliable.

oh yeah this works on mac too.

Sweet, I'm relieved that they have more functions than just a wheel with a button. I just couldn't imagine something like that being simple a 3 function wheel. I'm working on fiberglassing my door panels to fit my components this week and if that goes well I'm going to be doing a lot more glassing, and a new dash might be the next project.

Sweet, I'm relieved that they have more functions than just a wheel with a button. I just couldn't imagine something like that being simple a 3 function wheel. I'm working on fiberglassing my door panels to fit my components this week and if that goes well I'm going to be doing a lot more glassing, and a new dash might be the next project.
awesome. any comments on Centrafuse?

It looked pretty nice, I'm actually also going to format my CarPC and reinstall windows this week too, so I'll give centrafuse a try. It's free right?
not anymore. however //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif..well you have my AIM

I have a converter that converts 12volt DC to 110volt AC, 350 watt - 600watt peak. and I was trying to hook a PC to it (using it for carputer.) the power supply on the PC says

Model: ATX-250-12z REV.: D2.

Input: 100-127V~6A , 200-240~3A 50/60Hz

BST ATX-250-12Z D

output: +12V === / 14A. -12V === /0.8A

250W MAX. +5V === / 25A. +5VSB === / 2A PEAK 2.5A

+3.3V === / 18A.

+5V & + 3.3V 165W MAX. +5V & +12V 218W MAX

the converter has a green light for power and a red light for overload and low battery. now... I got this from my friend from work. He said he used a 19" TV and an xbox on it with no problems. but when I go to plug in my PC (by itself plus I havent even pressed the power button...) the red light comes on. why??? any suggestions on what to do/buy??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...