Car won't start

Civic_boi334
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
One day I started my car after school one day and it all of a sudden shut off. I tried again and all it did was turn over and all it did was hesitate. I changed the rotary button, ignition coil, distributor cap and the distributor itself. The spark plugs and wires are brand new and I gapped and installed them the saturday b4 that tuesday it stopped running. The shop checked the main relay as well. They said that fire was getting to the distributor but was not coming out, what is this????

One day I started my car after school one day and it all of a sudden shut off. I tried again and all it did was turn over and all it did was hesitate. I changed the rotary button, ignition coil, distributor cap and the distributor itself. The spark plugs and wires are brand new and I gapped and installed them the saturday b4 that tuesday it stopped running. The shop checked the main relay as well. They that fire was getting to the distributor but was not coming out, what is this????

nG

um....

We are going to revisit one of the first assignments you did in class. But this time, you will create a website with the information. Your website should also demonstrate GOOD DESIGN. You may use the information you found earlier in the year, or you may search again now that you may have some better ideas since you have created several sites yourself.

Are you getting spark to the plugs? Are you getting fuel. Is your filter clogged? Is your pump working, is the pump relay working. What has been checked? We need sensible info.

So the shop checked your car out and couldn't get it running? Lol... I wouldn't go back there dude.

Did you make sure to push the clutch in while turning the key?

How about dead battery?

You go gas in it?

So the shop checked your car out and couldn't get it running? Lol... I wouldn't go back there dude.

agreed.

plus if they said that there was nothing coming out of the distributor but it was going to it, you probably got a broken one. I am a Honda guy as well and im guessing you probably bought a used part. so i would try another one and if it doesnt work then.

motor swap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif what motor do you have in it now? D16?

They put a brand new destributor on. My origina mechanic at his shop said it was th main relay, he changed that and the **** car still wouldnt start. My friend's sister honda did the same thing and it was her timing belt. So Im not sure what it is. I got another vtec engine from a 98 ex on the side with 55,000 miles on it. Im just waiting to c what the problem is. I paid 50 dollars for this engine!!!! Think I shoud do a swap???

umm if you paid 50 for it id be scared to put it in...lol, but i would check to see if it is getting fuel..When you turn the key on (but dont start it) do you here fuel pump come on?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.