Car won't start after install - need help - 07 sierra

garrit

So I have an 07 GMC Sierra. I installed an amp and subwoofer last night, started up my truck and listened to a couple songs and enjoyed my new subwoofer. This morning I go to start my truck, and all the interior, headlights, and dash lights come on; but when I turn the key it doesn't even click or attempt to start. My radio and amp doesnt turn on either now. So my half-knowledge is telling me that I blew a fuse on the wire that I hooked up my remote turn on wire to, but I've been using this same wire to turn on my head unit. A kinda of pink orange wire in the ignition bundle in the steering column. I spliced into it and hooked both the amp and head unit directly to that wire.(not sure if that was a good idea). Any ideas on what might've went wrong or what fuses to check? Or atleast how to get my truck to start so I can get to work.

Edit: yes, I tried to jump it and the battery was reading 14 volts.

I mean my remote turn on wire that I ran to the radio is connected to the same wire in ignition bundle. I

Figured splicing into that same wire would have to same

Effect. But now I realize that it would have been better to hook it up to the radio remote turn on wire because it has a fuse. I buying a PAC asap tho.

Not a dead battery. Battery was reading 14. I tried to jump

It off with no success

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Hopefully the guys will like to help me with this one.

There is no ignition wire in the column

Hopefully you didn't **** up your computer

Iirc there is a fat acc wire in drivers kick that is yellow

Not a dead battery. Battery was reading 14. I tried to jumpIt off with no success

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Hopefully the guys will like to help me with this one.
chip system ACTYIVATING. Check the starter. Is the starter getting power check voltage at starter. (believe there is still a fusable link in gm cars at the starter.)

Chevy_Security_Light_Amber.28510457_std.jpg

Battery connections are good.

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Hopefully not, I guess that's what I get for going the cheap route and not getting a PAC.

Battery connections are good. 

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Hopefully not, I guess that's what I get for going the cheap route and not getting a PAC.
yes always worth the harness. How did you tap into ignition make sure all connections are good. check fuses.

All the wires in the ignition bundle are low current

If you blew the output for ignition sense it will not tell the truck to start

Disconnect the wires you tapped to get power and try to just start the truck

You can get switched wires else where just not there

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

You don't need the Pac if you are already running an ignition wire

You just need to tap the right wire

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.