Car Voltage help!

Participant count
  • Participant list
its a 71 it doesnt have accessories...
well I added tach and other stuff so I have two accessorie fuses under the dash so yes it has some but nothings shot. for some reason when I driven I have to turn on the lights and heater to keep the amps down.

Alternator is bad, needs to be replaced or repaired. The voltage regulator is blown it should never go higher than 14.x voltage. Fix it before it damages more electrical parts
Yep it was the voltage regulator we over looked it, I pulled it out today and it had a huge rust hole and looked like it was filled with sand. took it to my dads friend who tested it and it was completly shot. got a brand new one bass has not failed once! I was doin 117 out to my girls first time I was able to drive over 25 with the bass!

Cool, glad you got it resolved. I had this happen a long time ago on a newer Nissan that we just put a brand new system and it kept having problems blowing the fuse on the power wire going to the amp. We kept checking everything and everything tested good it was 14.x volts at idle but when you would drive as the rpms went up so did the voltage. Was a pain in the *** to figure out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.