CAR problem

David19
10+ year member

Epic Thread Poster
Pensacola FL
I have a 99 alero with 80k original miles.. ever since ive owned it (5 months) in drive it will shake i think its the motor mounts im not sure.. well the other day filled my car up and now it has stalled once.. and now when you take off at a red light for instance it has a huge hesitation. like it wants to stall but it doesn't.. im wondering if this is bad gas or needing a tune up cause this all of the sudden?

did it ever sit for a while? i bought an alero that sat for a while with low miles. It would start to sputter and die at times. I would pull over and beat on the tank and it would quit. lol

I have a 99 alero with 80k original miles.. ever since ive owned it (5 months) in drive it will shake i think its the motor mounts im not sure.. well the other day filled my car up and now it has stalled once.. and now when you take off at a red light for instance it has a huge hesitation. like it wants to stall but it doesn't.. im wondering if this is bad gas or needing a tune up cause this all of the sudden?
It sounds like the fuel filter needs to be replaced

could be fuel pump, could be fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter(as crx said), could be a bunch of different things, when you start from a stop and take off slow and ease on the gas do it do fine, and when you take off like normal or a little fast does it want to stall ? i do not think it is the gas you purchased, does it feel like it idles rough, also if you have a bad torque mount and it has been that way for a while it could of pulled on of the wiring harness connections loose that go to a sensor or something, could be leaky vacume line..... it's all about process of elimination..... i would start with starter fluid and while it is running, spray it around your engine intake plentum and vacume lines see if the idle changes(gets higher), check the wiring harness under the hood at all connections, take it by autozone to see if you get a code from it, these are all things you can do for no money and pretty quickly and narrow it down.

Replaced plugs, Fuel filter.. cleaned throttle body and airflow sensor still does it... in park or drive being stopped ofcourse it like Surges you can hear it and the idle is at 500 which should be higher im told.. but the hesitation is random sometime it won't do it taking off and sometime it will.. im thinking its fuel pump related but then told fuel pump works or doesnt work..

Yeah way to little information see if it's throwing any codes. Try going to alermod.com once you get codes. BTW Alero's are nice rides I have had my 1 previous owner 2001 Gold Edition since 2008 she's run like a champ.

is there sometimes you drive it and it drives fine with no issuses, and others it does, have you tried the throttle position sensor, it might be that but usually it throws a code, mass air flow sensor, even tho you cleaned it, could still be bad, look around and find out what resistance those items are supposed to be on your model and do an ohms test on the terminals before replacing, unless your local parts store doesn't give you crap on returns.

/shrug big difference between something that's motor mounts and something that's fuel system. Keep us updated curious to see what this is. Have you tried aleromod.com yet?

is there sometimes you drive it and it drives fine with no issuses, and others it does, have you tried the throttle position sensor, it might be that but usually it throws a code, mass air flow sensor, even tho you cleaned it, could still be bad, look around and find out what resistance those items are supposed to be on your model and do an ohms test on the terminals before replacing, unless your local parts store doesn't give you crap on returns.
Like in the morning ill be driving and sometimes it will take off fine at a red light then sometimes it will hesitate then after driving ill put it in drive and ill rev it and lights will dim and it act like it wants to stall but doesn't.. and it has a Surging motion with the motor..

/shrug big difference between something that's motor mounts and something that's fuel system. Keep us updated curious to see what this is. Have you tried aleromod.com yet?
Yeah i know its not the motor mounts i mean that could be shaking but what its doing is either fuel related or a sensor but im not getting any codes and unplug the sensors to see if it stopped and it still would do it..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.