car interior painting

Participant count
  • Participant list

mike75356
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
pittsburgh
What do you guys think about this? I recently bought an eclipse and was going to paint pretty much everything i can silver and blue. I have found some special plastic paints and what not but what have you guys used and suggest that does not wear easy and will allow me to be able to use pretty much on anything such as the dashboard, also was going to try to do the doors too but wasnt sure if it would work out or not... just looking for some opinions on it.... sorry if this has been talked about before i couldnt find much on it.

thanks

Bro it's whatever looks good to you :)

At the shop I'm having all my stuff done at, they said they'd paint every thing inside my car that was paintable, but it'd cost me 1200 bucks. I saw a gentlemen who did it, badass, but eff that lol

Start with the doors, vents and smaller stuff on teh dash, add until you think it's distasteful, however you spell that word lol

There is a paint called FUSION that I used.. it was about 4 bucks a can at Wal Mart, it already has an adhesion compound in it. I painted the interior in my Grand Prix, and it turned out pretty good, however, you may want to rough up your surface first..

Go and Get some automotive paint (not in a rattle can) and an airbrush. it will look better and last a lot longer, because instead of just using the air to dry like a rattle can it uses a chemical hardener like bondo does and this forms a shell of color that wont scratch off like spray paint..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.