Car AV noob here, could use some help before I complete this purchase

Participant count
  • Participant list

WyattCarden

Currently I am running a setup of two 12s in my car with a Pioneer GM-D8601 1600W amplifier. I don't believe it is enough power, which is a reason I could use a recommendation for a better amp.

I could use some help picking out some new stuff:

6-3/4" component speakers for my doors

new 6 x 9 speakers

new amplifier that has the ability to power everything.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking to upgrade my component speakers in my doors, as you can see, my back 6 x 9 speakers, replacing the radio with a newer one, and need an amp that will suffice for everything. Budget is about $500

I am looking to upgrade my component speakers in my doors, as you can see, my back 6 x 9 speakers, replacing the radio with a newer one, and need an amp that will suffice for everything. Budget is about $500
Rear speakers are pretty worthless. A proper sound stage should be all up front with sub bass filling the cabin but centered up front.

Basically focus on the front. If you are at a concert the band is infront of you.

Stop looking at max ratings, they don't mean anything, your amp is 800 watts not 1600. Look at RMS but be careful, like I said if it looks to good to be true it is. They can put whatever they want.

Currently I am running a setup of two 12s in my car with a Pioneer GM-D8601 1600W amplifier. I don't believe it is enough power, which is a reason I could use a recommendation for a better amp.
I could use some help picking out some new stuff:

6-3/4" component speakers for my doors

new 6 x 9 speakers

new amplifier that has the ability to power everything.

Thanks!
Are you sealed or ported on that box? What 12's? That 8601 doesn't have subsonic filter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

WyattCarden

WyattCarden
Goodrich, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
CSCStang