Car audio upgrade

doo2002

This has probably already been asked before, and if it has, I apologize.

So I have a 2013 Sonata, I have 2 12 inch Kickers and a 1000 Watt amp that is in my girl's car right now, but I plan on taking it back. I want to put them in the Sonata.

I want to keep my factory head unit, I like it enough not to mess with something different. So my question(s) are: What is the best route I should take for installing my subs to the factory system?

I have done some research and found that the LC2i or the LC7i are good options for routing a factory system to amps.

Before you answer I need two options considered.

1) I just want to wire a sub and amp.

2) I want to wire a sub and amp now but upgrade all my speakers later down the road.

The reason I ask for both is because I would like to see the best options for both. This way it will help me decide.

Any line out converter will work. If you aren't trying to spend a ton of money walmart carries one for like $15. Hook your exsisting car speaker wires to the line out converter. It will keep the voltage down to a safe usable amount that amps need as input. Then hook your rca's from the LOC to the amp and set your gains accordingly. Being new to car audio (it kinda seems like you are) I would suggest reading up on how to set gains with a dmm (digital muli meter) and the big 3 upgrade

i wouldnt cheap out on a LOC, but i guess you can try one in the mean time for just the sub but dont go absolutely dirt cheap. but when your ready to amp the door speakers lc6i or 7i is what you want.

Any line out converter will work. If you aren't trying to spend a ton of money walmart carries one for like $15. Hook your exsisting car speaker wires to the line out converter. It will keep the voltage down to a safe usable amount that amps need as input. Then hook your rca's from the LOC to the amp and set your gains accordingly. Being new to car audio (it kinda seems like you are) I would suggest reading up on how to set gains with a dmm (digital muli meter) and the big 3 upgrade
I am not necessarily "new" with car audio. In the past I have always replaced the HU with the subs. I bought a "cheap" LOC for my girl's car and it makes the subs sound like crap. No filter or anything. I can do with another cheap LOC for my car, but I came here to hopefully get some ideas from people with more expertise. I want decent, clean, bass only sound for my subs.

i wouldnt cheap out on a LOC, but i guess you can try one in the mean time for just the sub but dont go absolutely dirt cheap. but when your ready to amp the door speakers lc6i or 7i is what you want.
Ok, so I shouldn't cheap out. What are some good LOCs that you recommend?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.