bass head problems...

Participant count
  • Participant list
Aight well let's start with this. I have a 98 k1500 with a HCCA PSI 18. Its all of a platform 3 with a HCCA motor. Its in a 8.75 cu ft box tuned at 32Hz. I had stock alt and stock battery. I have Polk 6.5s in the doors. And 0 gauge to the amp and 0 gauge ground. Been having tons of problems with voltage drop so I've been trying to keep it easy. I've been maintaining a random misfire and running lean. It seems to possibly be bass related. It didn't do it until recently but over the last couple days with no draw my voltage would be very random

At times it would drop to 12 volts and also drop to 20lbs of oil pressure. Then later it read 15 volts. Totally random. Got to where it was like even playing the sub on a low level would create more drop than normal. Yesterday I drove it yo O'Reilly. When I went to start it it made a clunk but didn't turn over. Second try it started. Got it home and once I shut it off its been hammer dead since. When jumping it off the dash would light up. Ended up charging the battery. It would still not start. So... I started looking for car audio batteries. I am in a delima as I'm broke. Got $5 to my name. But I am very good at trading. I have already got a stinger power 2 1500. I currently have it charging. I plan to get a stinger SPV69 tomorrow. I hope to do the big 3 maybe tomorrow also if I can find some more 0 gauge. What does this sound like the issue is to y'all? Sounds like the battery was crapping out but also like the alt may be getting weak. If the alt goes then what size alt should I try to get? I had the idea of running 2 stock alts. My current one is 140 amps. Dual would give me 280. I can get a stock one for $25 used. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated. If you've read this so far I'd like to thank you for taking your time to read. Edit. I'd like to clearify that the old battery would not take a charge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.