Car Audio Speaker needed. Dayton Speakers???

Participant count
  • Participant list

datzed

Hi Guys,

I am seeking advice on Dayton Audio speakers and what peoples thoughts are on this brand for quality? How do they compare to a set of Focal or JL Audio brand speakers for instance? The Daytons seam to be very cheap in comparison to some of the 'better brands' so I was after advice. I would love to save some money here, but am also willing to buy a set of Focal speakers for instance, if they are that much better. Admittedly, I am a bit of a car audio noob.

I am after advice in particular for the 4inch and 6inch speakers.

I've listed my intended install below for reference (mainy restricted to space constraints):

> Front dash speakers: 2 x 4inch

> Rear parcel shelf speakers: 2 x 6inch

> Boot Mounted Subwoofer: 12inch

> Amp to power the above

I have come across these Dayton Audio speakers. What are peoples thoughts?

4" Dayton Speakers

6" Dayton Speakers

I have not been able to find decent reviews on this brand so seek your opinion.

I have done a search and couldn’t find what I was after so hopefully I am not covering a topic that already exists.

Thanks in advance.

for the dash, most popular are going to be Fountek 89s from parts express.

6.5s for the doors, Silver flutes from Madisound

Tweeters; Scan-speak. They are packaged with a $350 component set and sound fantastic. $58 a pair also from Madisound.

Look on DIYMA.com or here. That is what the search will reveal; that my suggestions are legit and will deliver incredible sound quality if tuned right. Gotta deaden the doors properly.

Dayton Audio is a house brand created by parts express since they are a large e-tailer. Most of their stuff offers great value, but is not as sweet as Scan-speak or Silver Flute. Dayton components are going to be largely better than JL separates, but not necessarily better than Focal, depending on the model. They are quite commonly used in do it yourself home theater speaker builders, in systems equivalent to systems that cost thousands of dollars.

All of the above must be run as an active system with separate amplifiers and I suggest a JBL MS-8 for DSP/crossover/equalization

For amps, my favorite new deal right now is the $139 special on Focal 2 channel amps.

Trumpet (easy way electronics) sells CDT and other good stuff for sound quality, if you want to run a passive system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.