car audio shops.

willya745

<{--!! WAR EAGLE!!--}>
10+ year member
anyone know of any great car audio shops here in bama? i live 50mi from montgomery and there is only ONE shop in the town i live in. the jack the prices wayyy ^ and i am nottt skilled in car audio.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif i know there won't be many...... but can anyone help??????//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

JL thumpin

BALLER
10+ year member
May 27, 2007
Huntsville, AL
theres a couple in huntsville where i live...the best is sound on wheels they sell jl audio, alpine, pioneer, and a couple other high end brands...theres also neon sound systems they sell memphis audio, RE audio, and db

teamsubgopoof

Banned
May 17, 2006
Alabama
Jimmys car stereo in Montgomery is a nice shop, Also if you wanna drive a couple of hours north Audio X is one of the best shops in Alabama

willya745

<{--!! WAR EAGLE!!--}>
10+ year member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanx. i've heard good things of jimmys............... i might want to check it out.....

Benilson09

< >
10+ year member
Sep 6, 2006
AL
Jimmys car stereo in Montgomery is a nice shop, Also if you wanna drive a couple of hours north Audio X is one of the best shops in Alabama
Where is Audio X?

bikinpunk

G-g-g-g-g-unity!
10+ year member
May 16, 2006
Alabama
If all the shops around here didn't have egos the size of a mac truck, I'd be willing to do business with them, but since they do, I'll order my gear online and do my own installs.

willya745

<{--!! WAR EAGLE!!--}>
10+ year member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If all the shops around here didn't have egos the size of a mac truck, I'd be willing to do business with them, but since they do, I'll order my gear online and do my own installs.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif x2. mayby not the install part... but ordering your stuff online= cheaper price:) , and NO OPINION from the shop... u can buy the brand YOU want not the one THEY are selling!

Benilson09

< >
10+ year member
Sep 6, 2006
AL
There is always Latinos Car Stereos &amp; Alarms, they sell rims now too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hide.gif.2d479cfd917eedfe201353b91522ceab.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Willya745, If your going to be in the Decatur/Athens area pm me, I'll help ya out.

ddrawdy83

4-re sx12 and 4-re 12.1
Sep 25, 2007
montgomery, al
just to let you know ckr has an amazing technician he has been in the top 5 installers in the nation a couple of times and the top 25 even more times now not to knock jimmy's cause they have one really great tech as well but to my knowledge he has never been top 25

jco1385

expert jcologist
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 25, 2007
Mobile, AL
there are a few here in mobile. thats a good drive tho

orion25

10+ year member
Nov 20, 2007
In My House
theres a couple in huntsville where i live...the best is sound on wheels they sell jl audio, alpine, pioneer, and a couple other high end brands...theres also neon sound systems they sell memphis audio, RE audio, and db
If you go to Neon make sure you are strapped. I was there last week and felt like I was under armed..................... They are basically a Tire &amp; Rim seller that does some audio work.

Sound on Wheels was awesome though. I went in, asked a lot of questions (without acting like I was buying anything) and they answered them all very well. Hell, I paid them $10 more for an Alpine amp compared to what I could have got it at Best Buy for because they were good people and treated me like they wanted to help.......................

Sound Depot in Madison is good as well but they do not carry as many high end brands. But their service is great so I will continue to shop there...................

ctt0002

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
May 18, 2008
auburn al
theres a place in troy that is called sound sations. I had my amp kit installed there and i didn't looking at their pricing so i don't know if they're expensive selling audio or not. I do remember that they are jl authorize dealer though.

rah07

Aug 22, 2008
DElhi
Been away from the site for a few months so I don't know if it's been discussed but there's a new shop between my home and the gm on Simcoe N. near Beatrice. Just curious if it's decent (I'll stop in to say hello) or if it's stocked by a bunch of assclowns like most of the other Durham shops that have zero knowledge.

James

Alabama Alcohol Addiction Treatment

Mr. Opportunist

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
May 13, 2005
Chicago, IL
If you go to Neon make sure you are strapped. I was there last week and felt like I was under armed..................... They are basically a Tire &amp; Rim seller that does some audio work.
Sound on Wheels was awesome though. I went in, asked a lot of questions (without acting like I was buying anything) and they answered them all very well. Hell, I paid them $10 more for an Alpine amp compared to what I could have got it at Best Buy for because they were good people and treated me like they wanted to help.......................

Sound Depot in Madison is good as well but they do not carry as many high end brands. But their service is great so I will continue to shop there...................
$10, that's baller status. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

LulzChicken

10+ year member
Mar 17, 2009
Hussleville, Alabama
I live in Huntsville, Alabama and I have to say that the two stores I would recommend would have to be Sound on Wheels on University, it's a great shop with some good products and top brands. Not to mention, the people there are very nice and are willing to explain anything you ask them. Another store I recommend would be Dr. Eddies Stereo Outlet. It's off of Hampton Cove. They are also very nice, do great work and are pro's. I would recommend any one of these two stores to people in the Huntsville areas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds