Car audio noob problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

Brometheus

LV-223
I recently purchased a new combo deal for my mustang.

Two ten kicker cvrs with a sealed enclosure and

A kicker dx500.1. It came with an 8 gauge kit from sq which i was planning to upgrade

Soon. I also had a friend install a pioneer avic d3 i had laying around.

As soon as everything was hooked up one of the subs was making a weird clicking noise while the other one was going strong. I removed the defective subwoofer for a warranty exchange. When i push it in all is good bit when it comes back up it makes weird clicking noises like its rubbing on something.

Anyways what do i have to do to just play one subwoofer in the mean time? Do i have two rewire everything? Reason is now the other sub does not come on. I checked the fuses and they seem good and the amp gets power (green light) but no sound.

Both subs have their own chamber and are wired individually so i when i took one of em out i just unhooked it and removed the wires at the terminals.

Subs are dvc 2 ohm each

And amp is a 4 ohm 275x1

Or 2 ohm 500x1

This is how they are wired

2922pau.jpg

2hyhr15.jpg

Just hoping the other sub is not blown. Does not make weird noises and everything seems normal with is just dont have anything to test it with.

For the moment i just have the subwoofer disconnected until i get a replacement and take it to an installer to see whats going on.

Thanks!

make sure all is still connected inside the enclosure. you can run just one sub while the other get replaced cuz they have seperate chambers

I dont have access to a ddm right now but a friend told me the other sub is probably not working because i removed one thus messing the impendence.

Does this mean i have to rewire the sub to a 4 ohm load? Then when i get my other sub replaced i have to rewire everything again to 2 ohm? Would removing one sub cause the other one to not play?

Well i just shipped my defective subwoofer.

Anyways i was messing with the amp and setting gains, xovers and what not. I actually heard very very faint bass so i checked the subwoofer and touched it and you could feel it move. But no matter what volume i played i only could get very faint bass. I mean you have to be in the trunk to actually hear it since the music from the front speakers drowns it out.

At least i know i have a working sub, where can the problem be?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.