Big 3 with dual Kinetic batteries

Participant count
  • Participant list

corysquires

AZ
I have 2 Kinetic 1800 wired in parallel with 0 Awg (+ to + & - to -)

For the big three do I just need to run a 0 Awg cable from the alternator to the main kinetic positive terminal? or do I need to do this on both main and secondary battries?

For the ground: I run a 0 Awg cable from the secondary kinetic negative terminal to the engine block? or do I run it also from the main battery, or both...

A diagram would be great if someone has one handy http://cdn1.caraudio.com/images/icons/icon6.png

i think your lost forget about the secondary battery for a minute ...... The 3 wires are:

- Positive from battery to positive from alternator ****fused****

- Negative from battery to ground

- Engine block to ground

heres a link that will help you out

How To Do The Big 3: Tutorial - Electrical-battery- Alternators- Wiring - SMD Forum

then on to the secondary battery

1 run from positive of primary battery to positive of secondary fused on each end as close to the battery as possible

1 run ground to ground and done

hope this helps as its straight forward good luck op

The big three up front should be fine but I've also seen people run an additional pos line from alternator to secondary battery (fused of course) this I'm not sure is necessary I guess depends alt size.I would run a neg line from front battery directly to secondary battery neg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.