Car audio and newer cars

stay_high
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
I will be getting a newer year car soon. currently looking at a 2015 mazda 6. I am confused about these cars however. Are people still doing car audio in these newer year cars? It seems impossible to put in an aftermarket head unit and if you did on the mazda 6 you would lose complete control of the control knob on the center console? and obviously a LOC would be ******.

Im currently running 2 12 inch ssa's and a comp set running active for my fronts in a 07 xterra. I LOVE how it sounds and its the only thing holding me back from selling the car lol. That car was so easy to work on. What are some newer year cars that people are having success with car audio in?

Instead of HUs with newer cars Processors are becomming almost a must. Alot more involved but much better outcome once its all said and done.

[quote name='stay_high']I will be getting a newer year car soon. currently looking at a 2015 mazda 6. I am confused about these cars however. Are people still doing car audio in these newer year cars? It seems impossible to put in an aftermarket head unit and if you did on the mazda 6 you would lose complete control of the control knob on the center console? and obviously a LOC would be ******.

Im currently running 2 12 inch ssa's and a comp set running active for my fronts in a 07 xterra. I LOVE how it sounds and its the only thing holding me back from selling the car lol. That car was so easy to work on. What are some newer year cars that people are having success with car audio in?[/QUOTE]

Most of the new cars are requiring a DSP(which utilizes a LOC) in order to add amps/subs etc etc. @LosIsATool is doing this in his vehicle.

this one seems to be fairly popular https://www.crutchfield.com/p_5753SIXTY3/Rockford-Fosgate-3Sixty-3.html?tp=61658

but the helix is the one that most folks swear by

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-mds3ZBKsOlD/p_975HELIXDS/HELIX-DSP.html

its $700 tho

My avalanche 2010 only, however found a Android base deck for it that was plug and play no nothing needed!

Xenon makes it, great service and fast shipping. Absolutely love it and since it's Android I have spotify and everything else on it!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Example 1 first one I seen. So shop around
d99362144b2bf99abd101577ec48cbd1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.