Capacitors

Your thoughts on capacitors

• I tried one and it fried my ****

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Anyway, copied from the other thread

My experience with caps:

Had 2 farads on a 1600-1800 watt system. Sounded great. I removed one; Quite noticeable reduction in output and clarity at high volumes.

Did not pay attention to voltages w/ this setup.

Had 1 farad on 1,000 watt system. don't quite remember voltages, although I payed more attention this time. Tried with/ without cap, definately noticed a reduction of bass output from the beginnoing to end of a long bass note w/o the cap. With the cap, the same note stayed at roughly the same volume.

3rd setup was a 1 farad cap on a PR1000.1 and 2 M3 12's. I paid close attention to the voltage on this setup, and noticed w/o the cap my voltage was dropping to around 10.5-10.6. Hooked up the cap, same song, and the voltage would not drop lower than 13.5.

If I had to guess, I'd say that cap was good for roughly an extra 200 watts of sustained output

NOW. This is using high quality caps (RF, Stinger).

The cheap ones do not work worth a crap.

Alot of people say they mess up your electrical, I had a stock Honda Civic alternator supplying 1800 watts on the first system I named, and even though the lights dimmed a good bit, it sounded great and my alternator held up fine.

Again, these are MY experiences.

It makes me laugh when people say caps are crap because they are making a very general statement about something that is very application specific.

1. one cap is worthless......BUT......2500 farads works in the right application(will explain below)

2.Maxwell technologies 800 bux EACH 430 farad caps

3. Used in an SPL vehicle with Caps used SOLELY as the source of power

4. RESULTS.....saved TONS of space......Voltage drop was next to nothing

For Caps to do any sort of good......You need lots of capacitance.....

In our App. we used 6 of those 430 farad capacitors by Maxxwell Technologies, we charged them all off a 16volt turbostart batt, with solenoids tied in to the charging lead so we can disconnect the batt from the caps, which is a must to be successful because when you lay into it the caps are working twice as hard to stay full and release energy at the same time. also the distance from caps to power inputs of the amps needs to be as short as possible 6 inches cost as much as a full db........

But we used 8 mmats 3500's and 6 of these caps.....charged to 16volts drops to 14.7volts and makes 4400watts @ rise of one ohm.......this was in a Ford festiva it was doing 162's on the dash in Db drag....164s in the kick loud but not that loud.

All in All to do you any good you need much more than the little cylinders...where you can get a 2nd battery for the same price and it be more effective.

I knew a worthless sack of squirrel **** named Mojobill that once used a cap. He hooked it up and then made a pointless thread.

I had one in my old setup, it was a Power Acoustik 5 farad I believe. Thing was as worthless as ......Mojobill is to ca.com. It didn't even give the right reading when I put it to a battery. Utterly useless just like Mojobill. If anyone sees that ***, they should give him a swift kick in his puss.... His sister is hot. Has a *** for a brother, but hot nonetheless.

Somebody's never looked inside pretty much any piece of electronics...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well, it looks like I provided some concrete proof that a quality capacitor actually increases the performance of your system.

I have yet to hear anyone except for turdburglar report any actual negative experience, and he was using an el-cheap-o, which I don't expect to work well.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif:)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif:)10 farad tsunami cap AMAZING is the only way i can describe it it helped out my friends matrix we were only running like 1500 rms but the stock alt in its only 90amps and this thing made the world of diffrance

I had 2 farad db link, did me some good at first with 900rms, but over time I started to notice my battery didn't start up as quick as it used too. Maybe it was the cool voltage display. But anyway I switched it out to an HC800 for less than what I paid for the da*n cap and couldn't be happier. I think they work with a large one, but as far as I see it to what some people pay for a cap at stores you could get a good used battery.

I knew a worthless sack of squirrel **** named Mojobill that once used a cap. He hooked it up and then made a pointless thread.

I had one in my old setup, it was a Power Acoustik 5 farad I believe. Thing was as worthless as ......Mojobill is to ca.com. It didn't even give the right reading when I put it to a battery. Utterly useless just like Mojobill. If anyone sees that ***, they should give him a swift kick in his puss.... His sister is hot. Has a *** for a brother, but hot nonetheless.

Mojofeg is like a fat skank that you banged that got attached. Won't leave. How many cap threads are there? What makes yours better than the 70 billion already threaded?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Slim_Shady

Banned
Slim_Shady
Louisiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views