capacitor like whoa

Participant count
  • Participant list

makaveli
10+ year member

Canada
Just installed my system today ( see signature ) .. pounds pretty nice but I notice when the volume is up high the lights dim and the volt meter goes up and down.. but still usually over 13v .. just wondering if a 1 farad cap will fix this..

and on top of that right now the amp gain is at just 50% and the bass boost is low low while I break it all in.

Lemme know what you think..

and whats the big deal about a digital cap over a regular one?

thanks again

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

adding to that.. this is only when the interior lights are on / doors open and even then I am pretty sure headlights dont dim.. just interior lights and dash ..

and like I said the volt meter is usually 14-15 and during the heavy bass hits when its really loud it will hit probably 13 at the lowest.. im more concerned about the light dim than my small system burning out my alternator / battery..

thanks again

digital caps let you see what is going on...... may i make a suggestion? if you plan on adding anymore deffinately get your alt rewound/rebuilt and even if your not still do so get it beefed in the process an extra 20 amps-(80-150 bucks depending on shop and alt) and add a 1 farrad cap http://www.knukonceptz.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=&txtsearchParamCat=16&txtsearchParamType=ALL&iLevel=1&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&btnSearch.x=10&btnSearch.y=5

in case link wont open http://www.knukonceptz.com/ under products.

nice sized digital cap 20v -24 v (what comp guys run not the wimpy 16 v.)for 85.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.