capacitor info

So your zero'd out on the deck and the amp right. Once you do that get a 50hz tone and set the amp correctly using a DMM. There's step by step threads that are stickied on how to do so. DMM are
If the everstart is the platinum then I've heard good things about them, I havent' heard about others. I would not play at more than half tilt until you get the correct wiring and battery.

so all I need to do is take the power wire to the battery positive and take the power wire from the amp and put it totheterminal then groud to the bumper right?

50hz 0db test tone is too high to set for a daily musical system. 40hz -5, -10 db would be a better compromise.

Google how to do the big 3.

Power and ground wire from the front stage batt to the amp.

50hz 0db test tone is too high to set for a daily musical system. 40hz -5, -10 db would be a better compromise.

I know how to do the big three, and again the whole -5 -10 db.. idk what the hell your talking about...

THECAP.jpg

A 50hz test tone is the norm for setting the amp without a oscope. Its stickied on here along with the big 3

I know how to do the big three, and again the whole -5 -10 db.. idk what the hell your talking about...
Its the settings on your headunit, don't worry about that. Set everything to zero on your headunit and run the 50hz tone and set using these stickies. You can adjust the loudness setting and bass settings after you get close to the voltage, but don't go over it.

Its the settings on your headunit, don't worry about that. Set everything to zero on your headunit and run the 50hz tone and set using these stickies. You can adjust the loudness setting and bass settings after you get close to the voltage, but don't go over it.

dude I looked at it... got confussed and gave up... everything is set to 0 tuned some more random stuff I know nothing about what I did but everything sounds good so I'ma leave it and if they blow... I'll save up and have a pro redo everything right and pay more for it...

A 50hz test tone is the norm for setting the amp without a oscope. Its stickied on here along with the big 3
It's not the best compromise to set the gains correctly is all I'm saying. Best way to do it is to either DMM/ Clamp meter each freq and plot an impedance chart or DATS wt3 and fine the freq that's the median impedance (which is good for compromise). Then find that test tone freq around -5, -10 db recording (or 0 db and use Audacity to reduce output level) and set the gain using that tone.

Some people (noobs) won't have a clue how to do this so the best compromise is a 40hz -5, -10 db test tone. Most people (for daily) tune low 30-35hz and have a peak freq around 45-50hz. Choosing a 40hz can be found at or around the median of port and peak freqs and is a good compromise for daily music.

You dont want a freq that has the highest impedance or else you'll over power the freqs with lower imp (if amp gain is set correctly). You also dont want a freq with the least imp because it'll be the only freq getting the most power from the amp, every freq with more imp will be getting less and less power from the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.