capacitor info

PlymouthScamp71
10+ year member

ok I was talking to some friends and they said I jus had the wrong capacitor so I was looking around and people said I can't really over do it jus don't go over 10 farads so could I run my sytem with a 10 farad capacitor? and what if I took the wires from the normal car battery put em to the capacitor and did a 0 awg from the cap to the battery and grounded to the batterys ground. would this setup work? or is it just a dumb question. and I already ran a 0 awg big 3 with a 55 amp alternator..

i thought we had you talked out of this capacitor bs awhile ago.... dont listen to your friends. save yourself some money sell that cap on craigslist and get a good agm battery

You don't need any cap. Your friends are dumb. You have a very small alternator. Where do you think the power comes from? Amps turn current into voltage. You don't have any current to turn into anything.

i thought we had you talked out of this capacitor bs awhile ago.... dont listen to your friends. save yourself some money sell that cap on craigslist and get a good agm battery
you did have me talked out of it but today coming home from school I was in the school drive way and all of a suden my subs and radio everything shuts off and it even killed my lights. I limped my car home and the battery was completly dead alt still works but won't hold up. and if that wont work what if I jus got a 78 amp alt and ran both the 78 and the 55 to make 133 would this work? or do I need to jus strait up buy a new 120 amp alt?

you did have me talked out of it but today coming home from school I was in the school drive way and all of a suden my subs and radio everything shuts off and it even killed my lights. I limped my car home and the battery was completly dead alt still works but won't hold up. and if that wont work what if I jus got a 78 amp alt and ran both the 78 and the 55 to make 133 would this work? or do I need to jus strait up buy a new 120 amp alt?
get the biggest alt you can get. bigger the better.

also have you upgraded your battery?

get the biggest alt you can get. bigger the better.also have you upgraded your battery?

battery is not upgraded its not stock but the second own did put a new one in. and all I can afford is a 120 amp alt

and what if i got a 120 amp alt and instead of up grading that battery what if I did a secondary? and can it be jus any ol' battery??? or does it HAVE to be a audio one?

battery is not upgraded its not stock but the second own did put a new one in. and all I can afford is a 120 amp altand what if i got a 120 amp alt and instead of up grading that battery what if I did a secondary? and can it be jus any ol' battery??? or does it HAVE to be a audio one?
if your gonna do it you might as well do it right the first time. You need a good AGM battery (Optima Yellowtop, Kinetik, XSpower, etc. etc)

and alt upgrade would show an improvement. but i would start by upgrading the battery

if your gonna do it you might as well do it right the first time. You need a good AGM battery (Optima Yellowtop, Kinetik, XSpower, etc. etc)and alt upgrade would show an improvement. but i would start by upgrading the battery

actually if possible could you post a couple links to some batterys that'll work for my set up?

what gear are you currently running?
71' plymouth scamp with the little slant 6 225 cui and 2 12" rockford fosgate HX2 with 1000 watt r/t amp 2 6x9 sony explodes 2 4" schoche speakers kenwood radio and running 8 gauge from battery to subs and for some reason idk what guage it is but a lil smaller wire running power to the radio from the back. 750 cranking amps on the battery and 650 cold cranking oh and 4 12" cold catode lights.

does this help?

4 gauge power and ground wire from the battery to the amp.

Upgrade your stock batt to an AGM, I'd do a batt around 50-60 ah. Do the big 3, set the h/u and amp settings correctly and call it a day.

NO CAPS! You will not benefit at all. There's no point. (/Thread)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.