capacitor info

dislike or poop on me if you like. my take on caps. they arent batteries. some people seem to not realize that. they dont provide amperage or none of that good stuff. they are strickly a voltage thing. you can have 3 270 amp alts and 10 31s and still stuffer voltagd drop. thats where caps come in. they more so slow down the process and prolong the pounding. thats makes is easier for current to flow steadily. true if you cant provide the current you need (or majority), they dont help. i've been in and seen Scott's truck numerous times and his voltages plunges over time. i'm willing to bet a rack of decent caps could even benifit someone like him
Since voltage and current are directly proportional, how can a device serve voltage but not current?

You don't need 0ga, 4ga for the amount of power your are running is perfect. TURN YOUR BASS LEVEL DOWN!!! Your clipping the shit out of that amp and going to blow your subs. Set everything to zero, get a DMM and set everything correctly. The yellowtop is fine, I still don't think with the amount of power your running you don't need a bigger alt. Just get a 2nd small AGM battery, not a full size oneEbay Link, the optima up front and the big 3 with either 0ga or 4ga. My GTO has 4ga for big 3

Never had an issue with optima, really don't think he needs bigger alt with 2 batteries and that little of power.

ok I did as you said but now everything sounds like ****

You don't need 0ga, 4ga for the amount of power your are running is perfect. TURN YOUR BASS LEVEL DOWN!!! Your clipping the shit out of that amp and going to blow your subs. Set everything to zero, get a DMM and set everything correctly. The yellowtop is fine, I still don't think with the amount of power your running you don't need a bigger alt. Just get a 2nd small AGM battery, not a full size oneEbay Link, the optima up front and the big 3 with either 0ga or 4ga. My GTO has 4ga for big 3

Never had an issue with optima, really don't think he needs bigger alt with 2 batteries and that little of power.

so let me get this strait

big 3 upgrade with 0 gauge

run power 4 gauge to amp

new yellow top with 55 ah at the least

and ok heres where I go cheap cause I have enough for everything I jus listed but I still want to put a small battery in the back... now I have a riding lawn mower that we decided to have a "demo durby" with... but the battery still works lol can I use it as the secondary battery????

so let me get this straitbig 3 upgrade with 0 gauge

run power 4 gauge to amp

and ok heres where I go cheap cause I have enough for everything I jus listed but I still want to put a small battery in the back... now I have a riding lawn mower that we decided to have a "demo durby" with... but the battery still works lol can I use it as the secondary battery????
Is it 12V? U gotta make sure it is a sealed battery...

ok I did as you said but now everything sounds like ****
**** like how? What's the difference?

so let me get this straitbig 3 upgrade with 0 gauge

run power 4 gauge to amp

If it's an AGM then sure, if not no.

I dont need your advice hommie. I think I'm good.
You said an amp was nothing more than a dc - dc transformer. You're not good. When trying to help people, accuracy is key. Stop worrying about your ego and start worrying about being correct. That's all I'm saying. I'm not even trying to be rude right now. The best way to help is to give good information. You didn't. Not even close.

You don't need any cap. Your friends are dumb. You have a very small alternator. Where do you think the power comes from? Amps turn current into voltage. You don't have any current to turn into anything.
Thats odd, my amp seems to take a dc signal and amplify it with an AC output circuit. Hold on, wait....oh yeah. ALL CAR AUDIO AMPLIFERS DO THAT.

**** like how? What's the difference?

If it's an AGM then sure, if not no.
my speakers crackle and it doesn't get very loud and hardly anything from the subs

but the battery is a ever start sealed battery 275 cca 230 ca... would this work with my current system till I get the 0 gauge big 3 and the 4 gauge wire to the back?

my speakers crackle and it doesn't get very loud and hardly anything from the subsbut the battery is a ever start sealed battery 275 cca 230 ca... would this work with my current system till I get the 0 gauge big 3 and the 4 gauge wire to the back?
So your zero'd out on the deck and the amp right. Once you do that get a 50hz tone and set the amp correctly using a DMM. There's step by step threads that are stickied on how to do so. DMM are

If the everstart is the platinum then I've heard good things about them, I havent' heard about others. I would not play at more than half tilt until you get the correct wiring and battery.

You said an amp was nothing more than a dc - dc transformer. You're not good. When trying to help people, accuracy is key. Stop worrying about your ego and start worrying about being correct. That's all I'm saying. I'm not even trying to be rude right now. The best way to help is to give good information. You didn't. Not even close.
I know how it works. I was trying to make a point the op would understand. The point of his 55 amp alternator not being enough to power his amps. The point of not having enough current on tap to function.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.