capacitor info

tldr. however, if you are going to be continuously pulling from the battery and the alt. can't keep up, then you will have killed the battery long before you can save up for a good alternator, and then probably not be able to afford a new alt. with enough wire, yhou ahould be able to pull off the alternator and use the battery for it's real intent. storage and dampening. btw, your current battery is like a 500farad cap, just not split-second responding. this is why caps give the illusion that the voltage is not dropping. it's just smoothed out so you can't obviously tell instant voltage drops. look for used upgraded alt. option. also look into junk-yard alts. olds/caddy had a popular 105/120, and gm v8's had other options. many gm/delco style alts should bolt up with little-to no mod.

that moment when your head just spontaniously impolodes from all the info you never knew.... I was thinking hell whats so hard about it hook this wire to this thing and this to that and you have music... now theres -5 -10 db's... ******* mind blowing *>.

but so far the secondary battery is working good and I jus bought 0 gauge wire for a big three and a 4 gauge amp install kit. this weekend i'll be going to pick up a yellowtop battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.