cap cracked, still good?

Back to the question, that cap stores enough juice to knock you on you ass so if it has a major flaw, i would not use it because i may be unstable.

http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=10.topic

And notice how all of my claims seem to have alot in common with these two guys and also notice their words seem to be a lot of what industries claim, and watch how much I've been right, especially on the bass response thing!!!! And dont post any replies until you have read every single thread by me and zane and notice both are claims. Cause i dont feel like posting to more ignorance.

I'm the ignorant one??? lol i think not

Seems as though im not ****** into the "vacuum" of what the industry tells me, it looks as though a also follow advice from others.......and it seems a lot like what the industry says.............didnt see that one comin did ya?

And notice how all of my claims seem to have alot in common with these two guys and also notice their words seem to be a lot of what industries claim, and watch how much I've been right, especially on the bass response thing!!!! And dont post any replies until you have read every single thread by me and zane and notice both are claims. Cause i dont feel like posting to more ignorance.

but no one has been arguing the response issue. it just isn't audibly better than a properly run system, and if you lack an ample alternator, the cap still isn't going to improve response. i think if you'll re-read the posts yourself, you'll see people were mainly disputing your arrogant attitude.

regardless, just as everyone has been saying ALL ALONG, a cap will provide LITTLE TO NO BENEFITS in ALMOST ALL installs. nothing has changed, and you've not proved a thing. if nothing else, i see many instances where the link you've provided agrees with what many of US (not you) have been saying.

and yes, you're the ignorant one.

abe m.

but no one has been arguing the response issue. it just isn't audibly better than a properly run system, and if you lack an ample alternator, the cap still isn't going to improve response. i think if you'll re-read the posts yourself, you'll see people were mainly disputing your arrogant attitude.
regardless, just as everyone has been saying ALL ALONG, a cap will provide LITTLE TO NO BENEFITS in ALMOST ALL installs. nothing has changed, and you've not proved a thing. if nothing else, i see many instances where the link you've provided agrees with what many of US (not you) have been saying.

and yes, you're the ignorant one.

abe m.
Tru dat homey.

Really? Wow!

I can cross link to another forum with people talking about caps too!

http://forum.soundillusions.net/showthread.php?t=32502

Some people there have the same opinion as I too!

Amazing ain't it! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif

Since you obviously don't have a handle on business marketing concepts, we are going to drop the "industry" issue. If you haven't put the two together yet, there is nothing anyone here can do to hold your hand the rest of the way.

May want to have a re-read of the thread. Wait- I'll break it down for you.

GET REAL, a cap will improve your bass response resulting in it to hit harder
Its funny how all MECP certified installers tell me that they do help your bass response
Im gonna quote what the best accessory brand (Stinger) says about capacitors so don't take it up with me take it up with them. This came straight from one of their guides. 

"Power capacitors provide an unprecedented increase in system performance by acting as a high energy power reservoir. Stinger's power caps provide your amplifiers with clean transient power as they hit peak output when the bass pumping & the music is jamming. Why should you choose Stinger's power capacitors? Because only Stinger has the cutting edge designs that consistently with the Autosound Grand Prix Awards."
Lets see if I've got this.

1. Improve bass response

2. Hit harder

3. All the MECP Installers say they improve bass response

4. Stinger Says they will increase system performance.

Aight! :thumbsup

http://www.bcae1.com/installationprimer.htm

Point # 8 in aforementioned link rather puts the above to rest.

" This is because there has been some discussion as to whether a capacitor is a help or a hinderence when it comes to keeping the voltage at a higher level than without it. Of course, if you ask someone that's spent more than $100 on a capacitor if it helped, they'll tell you that it has. Why on earth would someone 'fess up' to wasting that much money on 'snake oil'. I've yet to see a capacitor increase the SPL in any system.

http://www.bcae1.com/capacitr.htm

3/4 down the page, this link rather puts the above 1-4 to rest again.

Its funny how all MECP certified installers tell me that they do help your bass response
All of them ehh?

I was previously ASE Certified in Advanced Automotive Electronics, and am an Auto Tech; I'm telling you they don't help your bass response.

I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT WHEN I USE A CAPACITOR, MY VOLTAGE READS CONSIDERABLY HIGHER FROM THE CHARTS YOU SHOW ME, OH MY GOD...........THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT, THERE MUST BE SOMTHING WRONG WITH IT THEN IF IT DOES WHAT IT IS SUPPOSE TO. **** I MADE A MISTAKE, IT WASNT SUPPOSE TO HELP MY SYSTEM, LOOKS LIKE IM GONNA HAVE TO SELL IT.......................
I can revert to my previous statement since you must have accidentally missed it.

Hillarious is that you actually believe a capacitor has the physical ability in design to raise voltage. A capacitor is a storage device, not a source device. The capacitor depends completely on the alternator. The alternator and it's regulator solely determine vehicle voltage. A capacitor has nothing to do with it.
We'll also add another reference for giddiness! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

One Farad capacitors:

Large, one Farad, capacitors only help to maintain the charging voltage for a tiny fraction of a second under high current demand situations. They do a fine job of filling small dips in voltage and may help reduce your lights from dimming but they won't really solve your current supply problems if your alternator can't keep up.

NOTE: Capacitors DO NOT increase the charging system's voltage.

http://www.bcae1.com/charging.htm

3/4 of the way down the page there too.

Bottom line, Unless you have pixie dust, ruby slippers, or some other means of enchantment, a cap is not going to make a whole lot of a difference.

Certainly not audibly, certainly not as a power "source," and most certainly not enough to continuously drag this topic into the spotlight over and over again.

By the way,

Option 1

True, an alternator upgrade is the much better fix,
We are in complete agreeance on this issue.

Option2

but for those who want a quick fix then they go with a cap.
This is where our disagreeance begins.

Quick Fix = Band Aid. Underlying issue not corrected, just masked.

Fix - Save the 100 bucks from Option 2, and revert to Option 1. Invest your newly saved 100 bucks here! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

A cap MIGHT smooth out some of the momentary "shock-loads" that a HIGH power sub amp might cause, making things run a LITTLE cleaner in SOME applications; but in most cases, it's no substitute for a good alternator, battery and properly sized wires. And if the alternator is not putting out enough juice, the cap will only complicate the problem. I'm just saying I agree that a cap is nothing but a "band-aid" and maybe a "shock-absober" for a crappy amp.

Never seen a topic get ran into the ground like this one! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smash.gif.499e08a4a35ffaf54f4c8194fb8fe8ed.gif

WARNING: NEVER USE A DAMAGED CAP! I've built electronics for six years and i've seen the damage that a SMALL one can do. It sounds like a .22 cal. gun going off in a coffee can, and the circuit board is usually screwed. I'd really hate to see what one of those jumbo caps would do if it went off!

AND that ALONE is enough to make ME stay away from caps! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/scared.gif.f134e57c6c93ccd0f15aa5ac32c7d4a0.gif

Peace.

TO all, no more name calling.

If you want to prove a point, then prove it. Facts, figures, your own words, if possible.

I personally encourage all these discussions, in the hope that more people get the correct info.

btw, owning certain equipments don't make you a genius. Some members have very expensive equipments, some don't. None proves what extent of knowledge they have about car audio.

You are obviosly an ignorant fool with more money than brains.My freind has sony amps and sony 12's because he is poor like me and thay are goo for the price cosidering he paid a fraction of what you paid for your system if you got a good deal on yours. Im assuming that scince money is not an object for you, you went to you local retailer, paid full price + markup and had someone install it for you. so he paid probably a 20th as much as you for his system, and i doubt that your system sounds 20 times better than his. so it seams that he is the smart one.

As for profile amps, I own oone and it works great, kicks out 900 rms at 4 ohms, nothing less, nothing more, and if you use it knowing this, it will work as good as any high dollar amp, and if you do a little system planning and find out that thats what you need then you just saved a bundle of money.

Congratulations on your obscenely expensive, Right out of the box, bought by your mommy system, you sir, have been suckered by the infamous us marketing system.

I consider you shut down.
Whatever dude.......Profile and Sony ****. I'm gonna go now.......I have to go take a Sony and then wipe my Profile.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif Just messin' with ya.

I do think its silly to argue this point about capacitors however. I mean if someone wants to own one then they should own one. As long as someone feels that it is improving their system then a capacitor it is. To those who feel its worthless or a waste of money shouldn't have them. I myself have a 1 farrad cap inline with each of my sub amps. Am I an ass who fell for the industry propaganda? Who knows, but I don't think so and I'm happy with the performance they've given me. I've always been a person who believes in "you get what you pay for". Sure you can buy a cheaper amplifier that puts out a lot of power and you may think you've got one over on the man, but in reality you're not getting the same quality build and reliability that you get from a higher end amplifier. So yes, Profile and Sony ****. Just my opinion but I'm glad I paid more for my Premier equipment. For those who get mad at this post just remember that this is just one man's opinion so don't get bent out of shape.

Adam //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif

P.s.

Zane, stop posting so Loooooooonnnnnnnnngggggggggg. They take up nearly a whole page's worth. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

sigh... fine, my stuff *****. happy?

too many freakin' LABEL-QUEENS on here. people get bent out of shape when folks post useless information that do not add to the forum's discussions, but rather, they detract. and for the record, i'll be upgrading my Sony, but the Profiles stay. anyone who buys their equip. based on brand name deserves to get fleeced.

like the above.

abe m.

sigh... fine, my stuff *****. happy?
too many freakin' LABEL-QUEENS on here. people get bent out of shape when folks post useless information that do not add to the forum's discussions, but rather, they detract. and for the record, i'll be upgrading my Sony, but the Profiles stay. anyone who buys their equip. based on brand name deserves to get fleeced.

like the above.

abe m.

AWWWWW.....you made up a word. "label-queen"....how cute. I don't buy based on brand name. I buy based on reputation, quality, value, and in the case of my PRS amps I bought based on experience. I owned a few of the much older Premier amps and trust that brand of amp. Not too mention I've had them for almost 3 years and they haven't missed a beat. But hey, congratulations on getting rid of your Sony and good luck on your upgrade. So if I'm going to get "fleeced" (whatever that means) for speaking my opinion then go ahead and "fleece" away. I don't really care.

Peace

Adam

ugh; not only did i not "make up" the term "label-queen" (thanks for the credit, though), but you rag on Profile and Sony, when you support your PRS stuff for the same reason i support Profile. i have experience with them, and they run great.

"fleece

n.

1.To defraud of money or property; swindle"

fleece away, indeed.

abe m.

Sorry all, have had serious problems with my PC, had to format the whole thing 2 hours ago, LOST ALL MY MP3's ARGGHHHHH..............anyways Zane i think its about time we end this entire thing cause im sick of postin and im sure your sick of pasting too, so im gonna end it in a way we can both agree...........and i leave with no grudges towards you.

For all you out there...........

Me and Zane are both right about certain things, and we are both wrong about certain things. I know i can't change his mind, and he should know buy now that he's not going to change my mind about a capacitor. So i say to all of you out their use this entire posting war as a review towards your self, cause thats basically what it is, two people fighting over what a cap does and doesn't do. And i say before you ever buy a cap, look intensively at reviews such as on the Caraudio forums or Epinions.com.........and base your decision on other peoples experiences with them.

Some industries you can trust, and some you can't.......most you can't. That's why the consumers got CEA-2006, (if you don't know what it is because it is relatively new.....they rate amplifiers and check them for TRUE power, not that bs power that says 500 RMS but u only get 450, im sure they do other things also, so if u see an amp rated at 500RMS at 2 ohms, and u see a little blue symbol that says CEA-2006, that means your going to atleast get 500 RMS at that ohmage). My personal experience with an industry has been good. My example was Circuit City, i was stuck between 3 amps a year ago and the manager of the car audio section told me that the cheaper one would push my sub better. (The other 2 were MTX and Alpine) an i love that amp cause i have never had anything gone wrong with it. But I have also had friends who have gotten pressured into buying speakers that were more money and not at all better then the ones that I recommended him to get. So becareful either way..........most ARE out to get you.

And for all of you people who are out their who have read all the reviews on caps you can take before your head explodes, and still cant decide whethere or not its right for you..............and zane you gotta agree with me on this last one!

BUY A NEW ****IN ALTERNATOR, IT'S BETTER IN THE LONG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!

..........peace out zane, no hard feelins, and keep on postin on this site

In my opinion. you guys are both a bit ignorant and need to understand what each other are trying to say. Both your guys' statements are true. I have talked to people where caps have done nothing for them , i have talked to poeople where caps did a little help for them, and i have talked to MANY poeople who caps solved all their problems.

My lights dim in my car, im not getting a new alternator, i bought an optima red top. So who do i listen to? i listen to neither, i simply bought two used caps that i am going to test out and see what they do for me. if they dont work then screw em ill sell em. If they work then great!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.