Can't hear some sounds from speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

captainlfr

I've noticed on 2 songs that I play from my I pod through my stereo, I don't hear some sounds through my speakers. One song has a guitar part in the beginning and the other song is bohemian rhapsody. I don't hear the "little high" voice before the little low.

I know this sounds weird. I have turned off my crossovers to my amp. These sounds are non existent in my door and pillar speakers but can barely be heard in my sub. Anyone know whats going on?

Eddie

I know in bohemian rhapsody that song is tracked so you'd only be able to hear those two voices with one on the left speaker and another on the right. If you want to test that other song then plug your headphones into your iPod and only put one headphone in and see if you hear the guitar part in just one of them.

I've noticed on 2 songs that I play from my I pod through my stereo, I don't hear some sounds through my speakers. One song has a guitar part in the beginning and the other song is bohemian rhapsody. I don't hear the "little high" voice before the little low. I know this sounds weird. I have turned off my crossovers to my amp. These sounds are non existent in my door and pillar speakers but can barely be heard in my sub. Anyone know whats going on?

Eddie
Just out of pure curiosity, what's the other song?

So I'm guessing you're usually only getting sounds coming from the right side, and with most songs that's never usually a problem but sometimes artists do that to add to the experience. Now what this means for your system, I don't know. I'm going to assume it's an RCA thing but I don't have near enough experience to be decisive when I say that. I'm sure someone else on here can help you out with that though.

My rca jacks are front and rear from my radio to amp. It seems like it would still play from the left too. Guess not.
Do you have any rca cables with an adapter for your headphone jack? You could try running your iPod directly through to your amp for your speakers to try to narrow it down.

The installer used rca cables with 2 male ends coming from my stereo with 1 male end towards my amp. That one male end is hooked to a adapter with one female end connecting to two male ends that hook to my amp.

That's the front rca set up. The rear is like that too. Wonder why he did that and just didn't buy 2 rca cables that have 2 male ends on each end?

That sounds like your problem right there. You have two separate channels for your output from the HU, both front and rear but each of those have a left and right. If they only used one set of RCAs for both channels then that sounds about right. I'm guessing they probably didn't foresee you ever noticing something like this. If and when you can you should take some pictures of this setup, sounds wonky to me.

Good catch.... The channels are split front and rear instead of right and left. I have a failing headphone jack on one of my laptops and it does the same thing, some tracks sound funny from 1 channel not making proper contact.

Sounds like the installer was trying to cheap out on not buying another $15 cable....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.