Can't get this to work, what am i doing wrong.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Boof150

So i was messing around with my truck today and was trying to wire up a Selenium D250-X and had it hooked up to this JL 4300 amp i had laying around. The speaker is brand new and i know the amp works because i have used it on and off again for different setups in the past. I first tried wiring the selenium up bridged between channel 1 and channel 2 to see if it would play sound and what i got was mostly static/whine and the speaker trying to play bass notes. I messed around with the filter settings on the amp and on my head unit but i was unable to get the selenium to play anything other than static/whine and very quiet vocals. Is this a crossover problem or is this amp and speaker combo not compatible?

I found these pictures from another user on these forums of the amp in question.

JL4.jpg

JL5.jpg

Playing around with the speaker i have come to the conclusion that this is a crossover issue. Setting the headunit and amp to filter at 200hz, which is the highest i can set them, i get the most sound out of the selenium. My question now is how do i go about increasing the crossover point to the speaker's correct range. Is this something i can do on the headunit and amp or do i need to set the crossover before the signal reaches the amp?

What my concern is now is that the headunit seems to have no setting to turn off it's filter, i only have the option to toggle between numbers between 50-200hz. Would getting a seperate crossover eliminate this issue or would the head unit still only send frequencies up to 200hz to the new crossover?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.