Parking lights won't turn off!!! 2003 Saturn Ion - Kenwood BT308U

Participant count
  • Participant list
I installed a Kenwood BT308U with a Metra wire harness for my 2003 Saturn Ion. I soldered the wires (there was an orange, orange/white, black/white, and pink wire on the harness that did not *match up with the receiver wires) and it works great- Except my parking lights will not turn off when I turn the car off and take the keys out. When I unhook the wire harness, the parking lights go off.

What did I do wrong? Are these extra wires supposed to be hooked up to anything? How can I fix this? Please help!

Thank you in advance!!!

Orange wire normal connects to radio lights. That wire was probably touching a live wire and forcing the lighting relay to remain on.

Now that you have learned to Never leave exposed wires check your fuses and if they're all good then you may have burnt the relay.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.