TC dual 2 ohm is reading 2.8 on each coil. ??

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a pair of the LMS ultras. Been playing them about 10 months. I just built a new enclosure for them. I checked my coils before installing them again. All four read exactly 2.0 Ohms.

When I measured mine I put my VM leads under push terminals. took about a minute for the Ohms to settle down to 2.0.

Hope this helps.

So 2.8 being normal, is my 2 flat reading abnormal?
2.8 IS NOT normal nor is a flat 2 usually you'll see a lot of BS here just have to learn to wade thru it and pick truths out. Almost all DMM's will read somewhere over or under the desired Ohm's. The leads almost always add a few points. The trick is to touch the two leads together and see what you're getting. My DMM consistently reads .5 when I touch them together thus making my dual 4 ohms coils read 4.5 each.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.