Can't find fuse??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Patthehat033
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Missouri
I got a Rockford Fosgate T5002 off a guy on craigslist and I tried to hook it up today and I did not succeed.

So then I texted him and he told me it needs a new fuse, and that he is sure it works.

So I opened up the amp, and I can not find a fuse anywhere. I am pretty sure it takes a 100 amp fuse but I can't find it. On the B+ terminal it says fused, so I am not sure where it is...

Here is a couple pictures that might help.

2m2u9h4.jpg

m78b3k.jpg

you got it. not sure if there full sized anl or midi fusing so you have to check up on that might be either or cuz there are 2 size screw spots there

^^^ there you go

you got it. not sure if there full sized anl or midi fusing so you have to check up on that might be either or cuz there are 2 size screw spots there
^^^ there you go
there full sized. i have had a few of these, should have never sold my 40001 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

there full sized. i have had a few of these, should have never sold my 40001 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
I heard this amp is under rated is that true?

Haha ^ Don't worry I am not as ignorant as I seem. I just am used to working with the amps that have the fuses on the outside near the Equalizer. This is the first amp that I had a different type of fuse. I am new to the audio world, but I am slowly learning. And this forum kicks a**!

What size power wire is that amp seeing? 4g? I would think you would be safe using like a 100A fuse in there. And yes, those rockford amps are underrated.

Yes, I think you are correct on the 100 amp fuse. And it will only be seeing 8 gauge wire, but I will not be running it at 2 ohms bridged, I will be running it at 4 ohms at 2 channels, so it will not be seeing any outrageous amperage amounts. When I get my car I will be running 4 gauge or bigger and a better electrical system (bigger battery, alt etc.) I am actually only 15 years old and I am putting this in my brothers car. He has 2 old bazookas that can't handle anywhere over like 600wrms if it really puts out more than that like people claim. I am getting all this audio equipment ready for my car when I buy it, so I can have my car pounding by the time I get my license. Right now I got an Alpine MRP-M500 and this for about $80 total haha. Which is clearing the 1000wrms mark. Now I just need to work on getting some high quality SPL subs.

Some people have been saying the T5002 puts out over 1000wrms itself, but I am not sure I believe that, what is your guys opinion?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.