Can't decide, need some other sub-smart opinions.

Ported. Soundqubed subs like big boxes. I believe they like about 4-5 cf per sub. I like to tune between 32-35 so it can hit the lows and highs good.

Have any special boxes in mind? I don't have the tools or place to make my own, so I'm buying one. R/T - BLACK Dual 15" Slot Vented Sub Bass Hatchback Speaker Box with Labyrinth Power Port (MDF) Is the only one I found good...And that's still a little more than I want to spend on a box.

Have any special boxes in mind? I don't have the tools or place to make my own, so I'm buying one. R/T - BLACK Dual 15" Slot Vented Sub Bass Hatchback Speaker Box with Labyrinth Power Port (MDF) Is the only one I found good...And that's still a little more than I want to spend on a box.
There's not really any prefabs that I can recommend. They are usually tuned in the 40s and don't sound good. No point in getting good subs and putting them in a shittty prefab box.

[quote name='Xellvar']Have any special boxes in mind? I don't have the tools or place to make my own, so I'm buying one. R/T - BLACK Dual 15" Slot Vented Sub Bass Hatchback Speaker Box with Labyrinth Power Port (MDF) Is the only one I found good...And that's still a little more than I want to spend on a box.[/QUOTE]

wrong thinking there buddy. You wont get loud at all with those boxes. Dont go sealed and dont ever go with shitty ebay/amazon enclosures. Hit up @Boomsday ; for a real enclosure or just live without bass. All you are doing is just wasting time and money with those prefab enclosures.

i have a 98 and a 00 accord and a nice ported box for one 15 barely fits. and the oas are beast and will handle anything u would throw at a sa, sdc 2.5, and sound good doing it. if u can fit a single 18, i would definitely go with one oa versus trying to stuff 2 15's in that trunk.,

Okay, thanks guys. If I were to some-how just make my own, have any tips in mind? The one I previously made, has started breaking and looks terrible. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I used 3/4" MDF 1 layer, should I continue to use MDF or try Birch Wood? Or another time, I was thinking around 32-36Hz And 4CF per sub? What type of port, and how big. Anybody got really good dimensions? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.