Can't decide, need some other sub-smart opinions.

Xellvar

Okay, I basically have a 260$ budget...And I quite can't decide which sub I want. I basically just want a pure loud clear bass. Sort of want to be a show-off at parking lots and such, I've heard Lvl6 DC 18's so...I know loud and good. I know I won't get quite near that, but I'd like to be close as possible. So far these are the only options I have found that are within my range + quality?

- 2 Skar Audio MA-8 DVC 4Ohm (260$)

- 1 Skar Audio ZVX-8 DVC 2Ohm (210$)

- 1 Sundown Audio SA-15 DVC 2Ohm (230$)

Powered by Belva BB2000D 1200 Watt Class D Monoblock, wired @ 1 Ohm. I already have a 15" ported box tuned to I believe 32Hz or 34Hz.

>For the 8's I'd need a new box obviously

I listen to everything except Country, if I choose to do 8's...should I do Ported or Sealed? I've never done Sealed, but have heard it. Any thoughts? My most common genres are; Rap, Death Metal, and Dubstep.

Basically, I drive a 91 Honda Accord. I'm not afraid to lose my entire trunk, which comes too...........48" wide, 35" deep, and 17" tall.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

sdcs are cheaper and better built!
Are you saying get 2 or just go with my 1 single box and it'd hit harder than the SA-15?

I would get two soundqubed hds2 15's
Are these better than the SDC2.5's?

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

oa 18 if u can fit. should be 230~. sq sdc2.5 15 for 105 shipped before they run out.
I can most likely fit 1 18 in, but is OA worth it...I don't want to get a sub that's good and blows within the first month or so.

Alright guys, I've decided I'm going to go with 2 SDC2.5 15"s. And soooo....Should I do ported or sealed box, any ruff type sizes or Hz all them good cookies and stuff?

Alright guys, I've decided I'm going to go with 2 SDC2.5 15"s. And soooo....Should I do ported or sealed box, any ruff type sizes or Hz all them good cookies and stuff?
Ported. Soundqubed subs like big boxes. I believe they like about 4-5 cf per sub. I like to tune between 32-35 so it can hit the lows and highs good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.