Canada is really bad for batteries.

Sebaslegrand
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ya, so as the title says, I ran out of choices for batteries, and I stumbled upon this website and a friend of mine can get some cheap here, so I was wondering how good these were if any battery expert could tell me from checking the specs? Here's the link.

Optima YellowTop Specs - Yellow Cap Batteries by Optima

I'm looking at 2000 wRMS and I heard 100 to 105 A/h was good but I can't figure out what is the A/h in this specs chart. Anyone care to help and tell me if any of these are good for my system ?

Thanks! Really appreciated. There are Yellow Tops, Red Tops and Blue Tops.

DO you have a Sears in Quebec? They sell the DIehard Platinum Group 31 for a good price and are extremely strong, they are the same battery as the oddyssey 2150

French canadian bastard. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif

Try looking at local car audio shops. Sometimes they have extras for cheap

Ya, so as the title says, I ran out of choices for batteries, and I stumbled upon this website and a friend of mine can get some cheap here, so I was wondering how good these were if any battery expert could tell me from checking the specs? Here's the link.
Optima YellowTop Specs - Yellow Cap Batteries by Optima

I'm looking at 2000 wRMS and I heard 100 to 105 A/h was good but I can't figure out what is the A/h in this specs chart. Anyone care to help and tell me if any of these are good for my system ?

Thanks! Really appreciated. There are Yellow Tops, Red Tops and Blue Tops.
Yellow Top is the one you would need. It is the deep cycle version of the Optima.

Thanks for all your input, but I found someone in my surroundings that has a camping ground up in Vermont next to the border!

I will be sending it there and he will bring it back for me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I'm getting the Shuriken BT100 ! Awesome battery to say the least.

Thanks a lot all !

DO you have a Sears in Quebec? They sell the DIehard Platinum Group 31 for a good price and are extremely strong, they are the same battery as the oddyssey 2150
I tried that, they don't have it here, only in the States and they don't want to send it to a nearby Sears store because it's "too heavy and shipping is not worth it for them". Bunch of bullcrap.

The group 31 is the same as the odyssey 2150 and they go for about 250-270 ea picked up from your local sears. You can get them much cheaper when they go on sale, something like 230ea on sale. If you know someone who works at sears they can get them for 230 each,

As I said, Sears isn't an option, they don't have it in Canada, they only have it in USA Sears. I called multiple Sears stores and they told me they didn't have that. They don't want to import from American Sears either. But anyways, got my battery! Shuriken BT-100 so I'm all set! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.