Can you double bridge a dvc

No, you can't bridge all 4 channels together. If the amp is 2 ohm stable when bridged you could run one coil to each set of bridged channels but most amps are only stable down to 4 ohm when bridged.

What is the model number of the amp?

Phonix Digital PD-394 1000W

what I was thinking was doing one coil on 1 and 3 and the other coil on 2 and 4 which i would think would be 2 ohm each and each coil is 2ohm rated. Am i thinking wrong

I can almost guarantee that amplifier will not run bridged at 2 ohms. Your only option would be to run only two of the channels (either one channel to each coil or bridge two of the channels and wire the coils in series).

Your amp probably won't like the load. More importanly you could cook the voice coil if your gains aren't set exactly because you would be sending different amounts of power to each coil of the woofer. Never run a 4 channels on a DVC, that's why they invented bridging.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.