B sounds are killing me.

Participant count
  • Participant list

WhatsAminiTruck

Senior VIP Member
Alright, I'm going to try my best to explain this... lol.

I'm going to use a single song as an example, but it happens on many.

On the song "Rap God" by Eminem, during the "chorus" when he says "slap box, slap box" during the B sound of box, the cone on my subs move a whoooleeee lot and slowly and produce a very ugly burp like sound. They move a whole lot of air while doing this as well, but it sounds like ****. This happens throughout the song not only on the chorus.

Even at low volumes, the distinct burping sound can be heard... just not as intense

The setup is two Memphis PR12s on a LA-4200.

I don't know much about it... but I'm guessing they aren't getting enough power to produce the proper tone or something like that.

he meant the crossovers on your amp as in the high pass and low pass filter settings on it.

Also some subwoofer setups do require actual crossovers namely in 5th order and 7th order bandpass setups but thats something totally different then your situation.

Just look at your amp. There's a little switch that says crossover or x-over. You want that positioned at lp, lpf, or low pass. It will be one of those 3titaniums I believe. You'll see a frequency knob, turn that counter clockwise till your "b" sounds aren't so bad. Easiest way I could explain it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.