Can someone help me with Aero port lengths?

is there a point to adding more than one areo? I'll be building a box this week-end 8ft/cu for a 18q. I want to tune it at 30 or 32 with a badass 6 inch areo port. They say :Straight Length Port required 4.91

is that accurate?

or should i do 2 x 3 inch x 2.46 ? any difference?
A huge difference. For each cubic foot of box you need 12-16 sq in of port. For an 8 cube box, I'd use no less than 3 6" aeros.

A 2 x 3 inch port would act like a hole in the box rather than an actual port.

A huge difference. For each cubic foot of box you need 12-16 sq in of port. For an 8 cube box, I'd use no less than 3 6" aeros.
A 2 x 3 inch port would act like a hole in the box rather than an actual port.
so http://psp-inc.com/ isn't accurate at all. Coz they did asked my what was my box size and all.

Volume of Box in Cubic Feet: 8

Tuning frequency 32

Port diameter 6

Number of Ports 1

Straight Length Port required 4.91

Flare Length Port required 5.91

???//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif so confused

Does the port got to be a minimum lenght? Why does PSP give me short port like this ?4.91 seems short as hell to me but the store around don't sell anything longer than 5 inch ( in 4, 5 and 6 diameter size)

Psp calculator got me lost. Anyway for my to get a 32hz tuning with any number of port that are max 5 inch in lenght? In that case port area is diameter x lenght? how many square inch I need for my 8ft cu box? 12-16 sq inch per ft/cu is alot imprecice to me. What tuning it's gonna give?

Psp calculator got me lost. Anyway for my to get a 32hz tuning with any number of port that are max 5 inch in lenght? In that case port area is diameter x lenght? how many square inch I need for my 8ft cu box? 12-16 sq inch per ft/cu is alot imprecice to me. What tuning it's gonna give?
The concept isn't that hard to grasp. The surface area of a slot port with the dimensions 6x10" is 60 sq in of port. How deep the 6x10" port is determines the tuning. If the port is short, the tuning is going to be very high. If the port is long, the tuning is going to be very low.

Now you take an aero port. The surface area of a 6 in PVC pipe is 28.26 sq in because (pi x radius squared) is (3.14 x 3 squared) which is 28.26. So if you were to use three 6 in aero's that would give you a port area of ~84 sq in, which is close enough to the standard of 12-16 sq in per cubic foot of box. Now, plug your specs in to the PSP calculator. Each flared port would have to be 24" long.

If you were to use only one 6" aero, to acheive a tuning of 32 hz the port would have to be ~5 in. With the flare's, the smallest length you can get is 6" I believe. A 6" port only 5" long would act as a big hole moreso than it would a port in your situation.

If 24" for three 6" aero's is too long, you could run two 6" ports 15" long to acheive 32 hz tuning in a 8 cube box.

Let me know if I was not clear on some point, or you want me to explain something further.

The concept isn't that hard to grasp. The surface area of a slot port with the dimensions 6x10" is 60 sq in of port. How deep the 6x10" port is determines the tuning. If the port is short, the tuning is going to be very high. If the port is long, the tuning is going to be very low.
Now you take an aero port. The surface area of a 6 in PVC pipe is 28.26 sq in because (pi x radius squared) is (3.14 x 3 squared) which is 28.26. So if you were to use three 6 in aero's that would give you a port area of ~84 sq in, which is close enough to the standard of 12-16 sq in per cubic foot of box. Now, plug your specs in to the PSP calculator. Each flared port would have to be 24" long.

If you were to use only one 6" aero, to acheive a tuning of 32 hz the port would have to be ~5 in. With the flare's, the smallest length you can get is 6" I believe. A 6" port only 5" long would act as a big hole moreso than it would a port in your situation.

If 24" for three 6" aero's is too long, you could run two 6" ports 15" long to acheive 32 hz tuning in a 8 cube box.

Let me know if I was not clear on some point, or you want me to explain something further.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif I feel stupid. Wow 3 aeroport of 6" x15 = a big loss in net volume //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

What if i can only have acces to non flared aeroport? like straigh one. Like I said, at the local shop they only sell 5 inch deep port with a diameter of 4, 5 or 6 inch.

What's possible for me? will i need like 10 aeros? Can i buy pvc tube from homedepot or something like that?

I just don't understand why using less port with less lenght still give the same tuning, but at the same time i can't go under 12 sq/feet... It look some much more complicated than Re L ported calculator

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.