can someone explain to me an alpine CDA-9887 imprint?

Participant count
  • Participant list
It means that basically you buy the kit and hook it up to the deck and your pc. Run some configurations and stuff... and place a microphone in the car. The software will do it's stuff and auto adjust different things like time allignment and eq's for you!

well that's the point... all of the things it does can be done by the user without the kit, but sometimes the user may not know how to adjust all of those parameters... so alpine came out with imprint to do it for you!

all of the things it does can be done by the user without the kit, but sometimes the user may not know how to adjust all of those parameters... so alpine came out with imprint to do it for you!
You will never get to the tuneing tree in the deck without the Imprint after imprint, it will unlock alot of settings for tweeking . Its not complicated1- make sure you have a laptop or you will need to get your vehicle next to your desktop lol..

The imprint shoots signals out of each spkr, you will move the Mic stand about 8 times to diff locks inside car.

The SQ will blow your mind if you have a front stage and mid fill that kicks ass,

basically its the equivalent of a 1k band EQ probably more , no matter where you sit in the vehicle , you will not be overpowered by the closest spkr, you will be surrounded bu luxury crystal clear distortion free sound ( Yes imprint removes the distortion, not completely but most) you will have 2 curves to choose to save to HU, after the install you will have a whole new tree to adjust the HU on, not avail until you do the Imprint, sux I know.

A few tips

Turn ALL settings to FLAT no exceptions

Sub amp-- Turn FREQ up to MAX because the imprint shoots a mid base signal, not a Low basement tone we listen too, if u don't do this the subs will not work at all after imprint just set subs back up to normal mode that suits you,

Enjoy

Let me jump in for a moment. I had the H701 which the Imprint incorporates. The Imprint has a great feature as others have mentioned that auto sets your EQ, etc. However, it's going to give you a flat response and what it thinks is right. As humans, we each have different preferences so it may be that you don't like the way it sounds and want to adjust it. Adjusting it is like using the H701. For an amateur, it is very confusing and it takes time getting to learn. I used it for a few months and the whole tuning thing from scratch still blows me away and there is a lot to know.

If you can find someone to help out with tweaking it, perfect. If you want to do it yourself, go for it, but slight misconfiguration can make it sound like poo, but then again, you have the Imprint and can go back to what it sets it, so you're not in a bad situation. I'll be going with Alpine's factory integration and I'm glad it has the Imprint. For $400 it is well worth it (the factory integration unit).

If you want to take your music to the next level and be able to set your soundstage deep, high, and centered a processor is a must IMO and the Imprint will definitely help you get there by setting you up with a reference point.

pioneer has the same concept.... lol all you really need is a laptop and it will do everything for you, then just make minor tweeks from there to suit your liking.
Exactly, I probably made it seem confusing, lol. You might want to check the DIYMA forum to see if there people around your area who can help you out. The guys over there are friendly and many of them have tons of knowledge. I love that forum for the SQ aspect.

thank you for the help yea you did kinda make it confusing lol i found a manual online and it basically said you jut plug it in and it kinda does the work for you and good ill deff check out that forum sq is what im after with my whole system

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.