• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

I have 3 jl audiio 12 w0's powered by a kicker zr 240 amplifier right now but I am upgrading to three jl audio 10 w6's. Will I have to change my amp or will that amp do a decent job pushing them?

hello

Well, how does your system sound right now? It seems to me that your under powering. Putting in w6's, I would strongly consider putting in another amp. The best way , I think, is buying another zr240 amp and thus, more than double your power. I think you would definately hear the difference. I ended doing something similar to what your're doing. Im satisfied with the results.

later

IM HAPPY WITH THE WAY THAT THE ZR 240 IS PUSHING THE W0'S BUT I DONT THINK IT WILL DO THE JOB WITH THE THREE 10 W6'S. IF I SIMPLY ADD ANOTHER ZR 240, HOW WOULD I WIRE IT OUT TO THE THRE SPEAKERS???

hello

well, adding two additional amps would be a whole hell of a lot easier to understand, but if your're strapped for cash, you can try this... now, im assuming that you have a two channel amp. I hate to assume because then i'll make an ass u me. ha ha. Anyway, connect one sub to the + and - terminals like normal on one channel of amp#1. Do the same with another sub on the other amp. Now, i'm not positive, but by connecting one wire to + on amp#1, and the other wire to the - terminal on amp#2, your third sub should work. If it doesnt, go to http://geocities.com/soundwavescs/ and post a question for Zane. "He's the man with the plan." I think what i gave you should work, but if not Zane would know.

I would buy two more amps and run each sub in mono(bridged) You sometimes gain twice as much power from an amp than when using both channels. thats what i ended up doin and boy do they hit! wooo!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.