can I make my 4 ohm interiors 2 ohm?

You can try bridging your amp to the component speakers. This will give them more power and keep your soundstage up front. If you want to keep the back speakers for rear fill, power them off the HU.

You can try bridging your amp to the component speakers. This will give them more power and keep your soundstage up front. If you want to keep the back speakers for rear fill, power them off the HU.
How would the components be wired in order to be bridged?

Your amp has a line connecting the + and - terminals that's labled bridged. Hook your front left speaker to the positive and negative terminals that are labled bridged and your front right speaker to the other one labeled bridged.

34nllxj.png

Your amp has a line connecting the + and - terminals that's labled bridged. Hook your front left speaker to the positive and negative terminals that are labled bridged and your front right speaker to the other one labeled bridged.
34nllxj.png
Yea I know that , but I meant I dont have to 're wire anything? What about the rears tho? I only have one amp?

The rewiring that will be needed is wha Da64u explained in his illustration. The connections at the crossovers for the components will remain the same. You can run the rears off your HU, in that case you would need to run the speaker wires for the rear speakers from your stereo. I run only front speakers and it gets plenty loud for me.

The rewiring that will be needed is wha Da64u explained in his illustration. The connections at the crossovers for the components will remain the same. You can run the rears off your HU, in that case you would need to run the speaker wires for the rear speakers from your stereo. I run only front speakers and it gets plenty loud for me.
Ok sorry for all the questions. I'm just a beginner and wanna get a good idea. So bridging the front will give me 120@2ohms even tho the speakers are 4 ohms and it won't do any damage? What about setting the gain? How would I figure out the voltage needed? Is it now Wats x 2 ohms squared? Roughly 8 volts?

When you bridge an amp the two bridged channels share the load you present them. So, since your components are 4Ω, each amp channel will "see" 2Ω once they're bridged.

Your gains do not need to be changed when you change the way the output is wired, unless they weren't set correctly to begin with. However, the formula is V= sqrt PxR or, the square root of the sum of power times impedance. In the case of your amp, it would be 15 volts.

Ex: 120 x 2 = 240... the square root of 240 is 15.5.

Ok sorry for all the questions. I'm just a beginner and wanna get a good idea. So bridging the front will give me 120@2ohms even tho the speakers are 4 ohms and it won't do any damage? What about setting the gain? How would I figure out the voltage needed? Is it now Wats x 2 ohms squared? Roughly 8 volts?
It is exactly as bbeljefe has pointed out.

Giving your components that power will help them sound better.

Thanks I appreciate ur guys help. I had the gains set wrong, fixed that and sounded better. Bridged the front just to see how it sounded and it also gives a better sound.

Wired everything back to normal until I run the rears to my deck.

I have a few questions tho. I know that components give it highs....and the coax gives it mids...sub is lows.

How do I separate the sound to give it best sound? If I bridge the front components that will be just my highs?

if I run the rears to the deck will that be my mids? Are the mids more for voice and no so much instruments?

I always played with systems but all I did was throw speakers on a amp...never really understood. ..

I have a stock 8 sub on the rear deck that I disconnected. .....my rears on the doors....rears even on the amp were never really too loud...would it help to throw a 8 in mid on the rear deck and amp it to give it a overall better sound?

The coaxial speakers also reproduce midrange frequencies and high frequencies. The mid is the woofer part of your coaxial or component set.

34nllxj.png

I made a mistake. Just noticed my amp pushes 225w when bridged and my speakers are 100rms. When I bridged the fronts the other day about an hour of pushing around 3/4 volume made the amp really hot but they sounded really good.

Cant I run my speakers in parallel to get a 2 ohm load. My amp would push 110x4 with a 2 ohm load giving me room to amp up all 4 speakers instead of bridging and only amplify the fronts because I can only use 2 channels.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.