Can I just replace my crossovers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rochambeau
10+ year member

Pudding is good.
Pretty much a relative Noob to Car Audio. I know most of the basics but only get up to date whenever I'm shopping.

Anyhow, my crossovers appear to be failing on a 10 year old set of Boston Z6. I tried to replace them with used ones, but those were problematic as well.

My question is, can I just replace the stock crossovers with a third-party crossover and have them perform as well as the ones Boston designed for this set?

If yes, does anyone have any recommendations? I want good sound quality and will be pushing them with 350 watts per channel, I don't know if that matters for a crossover.

TIA

Pretty much a relative Noob to Car Audio. I know most of the basics but only get up to date whenever I'm shopping.
Anyhow, my crossovers appear to be failing on a 10 year old set of Boston Z6. I tried to replace them with used ones, but those were problematic as well.

My question is, can I just replace the stock crossovers with a third-party crossover and have them perform as well as the ones Boston designed for this set?

If yes, does anyone have any recommendations? I want good sound quality and will be pushing them with 350 watts per channel, I don't know if that matters for a crossover.

TIA
get a good head unit that is active network capable. 1000x more superior to any crossover you can find because you get to choose custom crossover points right from the head unit. You'll wire the tweet and mid directly to the amp.

By any chance can anyone else help me out here? I'm really stuck. Is it likely that third-party crossovers will be satisfactory?
Thanks again.
No it wont be satisfactory at all rather garbage actually with those cheap crossovers. list all your head unit and signal processing gear and we'll see what you can do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.