Which speakers to choose please ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

amka

Hi,

I have a Honda Accord 2010 and I need to change speakers.

I simply need 2x 6.5'' speakers with separate tweeters for the front doors (I will deactivate the others in the car). I would like a nice, detailed and neutral sound (what means by example not more basses than middle or treble).

Can please someone give me an advice ? Which speakers should I buy ?

Thanks & best regards,

amka

Hi,

I simply need 2x 6.5'' speakers with separate tweeters for the front doors (I will deactivate the others in the car). I would like a nice, detailed and neutral sound (what means by example not more basses than middle or treble).

Thanks & best regards,

amka
not gonna happen unless you change the stock head unit out so you can actually tune the setup. What you describe is only achieved through install and tuning. Speaker swap alone wont do anything much of value especially if you dont plan on adding an amplifier nor making a proper baffle along with turning your door into a proper speaker enclosure which involves sealing all the giant gaps with sheet metal, deadening the plastic panels and the metal door cavity etc... lots of work is needed to be done in order to get aftermarket speakers to sound good. Ask yourself are you willing to do that or not?

Or else you'll end up in a spiral of continually swapping speakers and never ever achieving any form of satisfaction and keep wasting money switching speakers hoping that one day you find something that sounds good. AKA the noob wannabe audiophile way that gets zero results while spending too much money.

Thanks for reply, Jeffdachef,

The fact is that my actual speakers are old and have problems. I simply want to change them and I would like to do a good choice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks for reply, Jeffdachef,
The fact is that my actual speakers are old and have problems. I simply want to change them and I would like to do a good choice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
most replacements will not have a balanced sound, most of the times too much treble and not enough bass and they usually need much more power than the 3 watts the stock head unit can provide.

Hi,

Thanks & best regards,

amka
yeah your biggest problem maybe the selection of speakers u can get over there.. maybe u can find some jbl comps sets., just tell us which ones u can get and afford but if not upgrading hu or using amp i wouldn't put ton of $ in them..

Hi,

Here you have some speakers I can get :

ALPINE R-S65C

ALPINE SPG-17CS

ALPINE SPR-60C

ALPINE SXE-1750S

FOCAL ISN 165

FOCAL ISS 165

JBL CLUB 6500c

JBL GTO609C

JBL GX600C

PIONEER TS-A173Ci

PIONEER TS-Q171C

Unfortunately no such a shop near my home. Probably I will have to use my tires //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Does not matter. What a speaker sounds like on a board is nothing like they will sound in the car. I’d just get the Clubs and call it a day.
Your right but...If they had a vehicle or two in a showroom....as a few shops do here or did.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.