Can a Telephone line be used instead of the Bass Boost Controller Cable?

Abunai
10+ year member

I just got a Rockford Fosgate Punch 500.2 amp, and I was wondering if I could use a telephone cable in place of the cable that came with it to plug the Bass Boost controller to the amp.

The ends of the wire it originally comes with looks like a standard telephone cable.

If memory serves me you can use the telephone cord but making the end connect to a potentiometer is gonna **** while doing trial and error..sorry I couldnt be more help

Mike

To my knowledge the cable is standard phone wire with standard RJ-11 connectors. They use DC levels, there's no audio being sent on the wire so you can use whatever fits.

Now here is something i really do know about. LOL Actually you can use a telephone cord to hook up your bass boost but you can't use a standard RJ11c you have to use RJ45 cord and in simple terms all you need is a cord that would handle 2 lines like a cord for a 2-line phone. The easy way to tell is to look at the modular end and if it has 2-pins it is a RJ11c the one you need has 4-pins utilizing the red,green.yellow and black wires.

Mike

Facility Technician

BellSouth Telecom. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Wouldn't wanna argue with a phone guy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif but I just plugged the cable from my Rockford Bass Knob into my caller ID box. Methinks that's an RJ11. Isn't the RJ45 the big fat ones used on LAN cables?

maylar you are correct

RJ45 terminations are the ones found on CAT5 UTP cables...

haha feels good to know that the cisco certification class i took in high school is coming in handy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I was under the impression that the RF bass boost used the rj45 connection mainly due to the fact that the owner's manual for the amps stated that it required a rj45 cable for the bass boost if it is the smaller modular end like a standard telephone then yes it would be a rj11c. The rj45 is wired cat5 due to the fact that it uses an 8p8c termination.

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.