can a 8" woofer be used as a mid-bass speaker ?

ya thats what i was thinking but figured i would ask.

as im looking around for 2 8" mid-bass speakers.

im thinking of putting them in my doors.

was hoping they would work as i like sq stuff.

thanks guys.

Mid bass is designed to play mid bass. 60-250hz ONLY. Some will get up to 300hz but that's it. Midrange is 250-3500hz plus or minus. Some can play under 100hz but it's not the same.

o ok. so a 6.5 would be mid range not mid-bass right ?

see i have a set of aq 6.5 comps coming and was thinking adding mid-bass speakers to the doors as well.

maybe i should ask, should i go with 2 8" mid-bass in my doors if my plan is to add 3 sets of aq/sq 6.5 comps to my doors ? ( will be installing 1 set in a few days. )

or will 3 sets of aq/sq 6.5's be a enough ?

o ok. so a 6.5 would be mid range not mid-bass right ?see i have a set of aq 6.5 comps coming and was thinking adding mid-bass speakers to the doors as well.

maybe i should ask, should i go with 2 8" mid-bass in my doors if my plan is to add 3 sets of aq/sq 6.5 comps to my doors ? ( will be installing 1 set in a few days. )

6.5 can be mid bass. Like the DD and I think CDT has one. For what you are planning I don't think a single mid bass per side would keep up enough to be noticed.

o ok. so a 6.5 would be mid range not mid-bass right ?see i have a set of aq 6.5 comps coming and was thinking adding mid-bass speakers to the doors as well.

There is a difference in mid bass or midrange like already said.

If you want to run a mid bass woofer you are going to also need a midrange and tweeter making a 3 way front stage.

The AQ comps will play from 60-20k just fine. No need for a dedicated mid bass.

I think its pointless to run 3 sets of their components. You would be better off buying raw drivers and tweeters from parts express and running active.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.