can a 8" woofer be used as a mid-bass speaker ?

Adding a mid bass is a pain in the ***. If you are not going for true sound quality, flat response across the bandwidth and impact it's not needed. Fun to have but not needed.

wow great info. you learn something every day i did.

ok ill skip adding any 8" mid-bass speakers and just go with the 3 set.

and popwarhomie i was thinking about doing that but i wanted to stick with sq stuff. yes im picky lol...

i do plan on running these active after i get a active compatible radio but for now ill be using the crossovers.

after i get a active radio would i need active capable amp ? or can any amp be used ?

is 3 sets overkill ya sure but thats what i want. but remember ill be adding 2 more 15" and 2 more amps for them so im going to need that front stage.

or do you guys thing 2 sets will be enough ?

i have not started glassing then into my doors. i have made the rings but i can always go with 2 sets ?

only the 6.5 will be going into the doors, the tweeters will go into my a-pillars .

That SQ 8" is a subwoofer, and while there is no suggested frequency response range my guess is it will quickly roll off by 100 Hz even without a low pass filter.

In response to the CDT suggestion, CDT makes several midbass woofers suitable for IB use in a door, and they all play beyond 1 kHz. I always tell people to cross them higher than 250 Hz, and with HD-M6 it's fine up to 1 kHz with a small midrange. You get much better dynamics by letting these woofers play more frequencies than by putting more energy into a much smaller driver.

glassing your doors for 2 pair or 3 pair

whatever fits - if you can put in 3 pair and have it look good and fit well - as well as aim the speakers where you want them to face then go for 3

ive never heard a guy saying he should of done less speakers cause it was too loud haha

i did pods in my doors to hold two 6.5 in each front door. was all i could fit in there at that spot - if i had room i would of done more...

actually i still might take apart the door and try and add in more to it. i still like to hear vocals when im playing loud bass.... so yeah

thats just my opinion tho

Ive seen you say a few times that you are on a tight budget and I just think spending $300 on SQ components isn't worth it at all. Ive ran AQ components and still have them laying around somewhere. They aren't bad for the cost but they aren't worth spending $300 for 3 sets either.

If your are trying to get loud(guessing by wanting 3 sets of comps) I would look into their pro audio instead. 1 mid and 1 tweet per door will get **** loud.

Im a big AQ/SQ fan myself and have owned a ton of AQ/SQ products but there are some times you have to go elsewhere too. You can get mids and tweets from parts express way cheaper(helping your budget) and can sound way better as well.

My friend had 2 set of the boston z components in his explorer 1 set per door. They would drive me out of the suv, loud.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/speakers/606621-6-5-mounting-location.html

great info guys.

and ya your right I am on a budget that way I only have 1 set and got it cheaper the $100.

I do see what your saying I do. Ill look into parts express.

can you recomend what I sould get ?

I like loud and clear sound that what im trying to get.

the good part is I have only made the speaker ring and not the pods.

hers a link to pic om my door panel. Its at top of post. Im on my tablet and having a hard time.....

If I was you and going for what it seems to me you are going for it would do a single 10 and super tweeter in each door. Quality over quantity here. 1. It's easier to setup a single speaker with tuning and install. 2. Larger drivers in PA tend to be able to play lower and better tweeters tend to be able to crossover lower eliminating that high mid range rasp.

wow 10" ( mid-bass ? ) speaker in door. ok i can do that. i did not think about a 10" . i like the idea having a big asss speaker in door lol .

ok if you were limited on money like i am what would you get ?

just remember i can only spend about 150-200 max a month . and i have been trying to keep it to about $100 as i only get $800 a month ssi check and i do have bills.

as ask because i have no clue what to look at when it comes to the mid-bass/midrange- tweeters . subs/mono amp ya .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.