Calling all those with Bose experience.

sue bee
10+ year member

rock smoker
I have a Bose system in my 01 Infiniti I30. The sub tends to cut in out periodically. Like, once every 20 minutes for about a minute, on average. This was a little pain in my ass, but since the idiots that installed my stereo spliced the sub wire for a LOC, it's become a huge pain in my ass. I told them to install the PAC adapter I brought, but they didn't for some reason. Now, my newly installed sub cuts in and out along with the Bose sub. Two questions, the second is a bonus.

1) What is making the Bose sub cut out? Guesses welcome.

2) Will using the PAC adapter (hooks up to back of OEM Headunit via plug) fix the issue? It should, right?

Help.

the adapter will likely not help.....you likely have a failing piece of old electronic equipment ...but take a meter to the sub and amplifer and check that signal is being sent during the cut out and check for power ground and remote at the amplifer

Taking the factory sub out will eliminate the issue. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The loc is probably struggling with signal to the sub and the aftermarket amp thus causing them to both cut out.

the adapter will likely not help.....you likely have a failing piece of old electronic equipment ...but take a meter to the sub and amplifer and check that signal is being sent during the cut out and check for power ground and remote at the amplifer
If there is no signal being sent, what does that mean? Headunit problem? Why would it not send signal to just the sub and not the speakers?

If there is no signal going from amp to speakers than the factory amp is bad. But that is why he also said test power, remote and ground. If those all check out than again most likely a bad amp. Which is very common in those vehicles.

Why not take out the factory amp and sub and just try the pac? There is no way of knowing for sure unless you try it.

If there is no signal going from amp to speakers than the factory amp is bad. But that is why he also said test power, remote and ground. If those all check out than again most likely a bad amp. Which is very common in those vehicles.
Why not take out the factory amp and sub and just try the pac? There is no way of knowing for sure unless you try it.
If I take out the factory amp what will power my speakers?

Taking the factory sub out will eliminate the issue. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
The loc is probably struggling with signal to the sub and the aftermarket amp thus causing them to both cut out.
Unless it's a problem with the stock amplifier...

But I would also recommend disconnecting the stock woofer...

nG

Unless it's a problem with the stock amplifier...
But I would also recommend disconnecting the stock woofer...

nG
yeah if its only one amp for the whole system he may be in need of a lot of things.

But start with disconnecting the factory sub. Than try the pac module. If neither work you may have a bad channel on the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.