California build thread

I was flown here to work on these cars, I live in NJ.I am staying around Orange County.

As far as polk and BA stuff, some of these build are BUDGET builds they are not all high end 1000 dollar amps and speakers. Polk IMO makes some great bang for the buck upgrade speakers especially from the stock stuff.
so they spend money on having you come out to do average installs with average equipment.. They are in cali.. there are probably 100's if not more audio shops.. do you know these people? I always see people "flying you out" to do basic installs.. please explain..

so they spend money on having you come out to do average installs with average equipment.. They are in cali.. there are probably 100's if not more audio shops.. do you know these people? I always see people "flying you out" to do basic installs.. please explain..
Ya this really confuses me as well... If I was flying someone out to help me with an install I would definitely have equipment worth more then the amount it cost me to get the guy out there lol... Nice work as I said in your other thread

I was wondering the same thing. Didn't make much sense to me:\

And you don't have to spend much more, if any, than you do on Polk, to get better than Polk. I mean, they aren't Pyle or Pyramid.... But you can get quality components for well under $100 bucks.

^^ was wondering the same..... Couple of problems. Don't use zip ties to mount fuse holders. Eventually it will start rubbing and vibrating, plus it looks like shit....

Why are you using a torch instead of a proper soldering iron? Not only is it awkward, its hard to get enough heat focused on the joint. Use more solder, you barely have enough.

Polk makes average sounding speakers for the price...... dozens of better speakers out there. Should've went with Boston speakers and some of the smaller/newer amps for a more stealth install. Other than that, looks great... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

not dogging you at all just can't figure it out.. a plane ticket cross country especially around the holiday season is EXPENSIVE.. plus w/e they are paying you..

You do good work but nothing worth flying you out for with no warranty + having you cross country if a problem arises it makes no sense.. the plane ticket alone costs more than almost all of their equipment

not dogging you at all just can't figure it out.. a plane ticket cross country especially around the holiday season is EXPENSIVE.. plus w/e they are paying you.. You do good work but nothing worth flying you out for with no warranty + having you cross country if a problem arises it makes no sense.. the plane ticket alone costs more than almost all of their equipment
Thats what I was thinking...

not dogging you at all just can't figure it out.. a plane ticket cross country especially around the holiday season is EXPENSIVE.. plus w/e they are paying you.. You do good work but nothing worth flying you out for with no warranty + having you cross country if a problem arises it makes no sense.. the plane ticket alone costs more than almost all of their equipment
LOL ok plane ticket was 300 on expedia "round trip", 9 days in hotel cames to 400, divide that all by 6 people and i discount my install prices a lot because of this. WHY? as I explained earlier it is because of what I do.

What do you run OP?
Just got a brand new altima coupe about 5 months ago. Planning:

Alpine w910

Imprint or ms-8

Hertx or focal utopia speakers running 2 way active

Image dynamics Q 12 inch sub

Focal rear fill

Audison LRX amp

Looks like your on some sort of nissan forum and took a "workcation".

Not hating at all, anytime you can travel on someone else's dime take advantage of that. I do when I have the chance..which oddly is fairly often.

Today was a 2010 370z

The goodies

Image Dynamics CX components

Image Dynamics Q 10 inch sub

Alpine PDX5 amp

MTX re-q5 for bose integration

OEM rever camera integration

Parking brake bypass for using nav functions while in drive

Part 1

The ride

IMG_6577.jpg

IMG_6581.jpg